New Green Day Album

Is American Idiot a good album?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No no, Emo, is basically "slit my wrists last night but i lived" type of crap. Its the new bands that are emo like My Chemical Romance ect. Anytihng that calls themselves punk these days.

Ugh, i had to listen to them last night, they suck so much. I kinda like greenday, but only like 4 or 5 songs.

Yeah well, it seems all bands today play that crap.

The Smashing Pumpkins DID come before Bush, but you can hardly call Gish an Emo album. Adore was just weak and sounded too much like Emo crap, maybe that's why they finally called it quits. I dunno, I'm sick and talking out of my a$$ right now...

All I know is that if I didn't want to buy a Ford Focus before, I certainly don't want one now with Switchfoot's endorsement.

Oh yeah, Dashboard Confessional sucks, too.

haha. i understand what you're saying about the pumpkins but they weren't going "I WANNA KILL MYSELF CAUSE I HATE YOU" lol. I personally liked the songs Everlasting Gaze, and Heavy Metal Machine. The reason why they quit was cause James Iha was just sick of it all, so by then only billy and jimmy were part of the original lineup, and the band was found by billy and james so billy thought it was just time to call it quits. Billy created zwan and did a horrible album but i think the point behind that was to throw in some music in the limelight other then this blame the world for everything. He's supposed to be bringing out a new solo album, which i cant wait to see how it works out but i dunno if it will work out good. His poetry book did pretty well but I haven't read it. Melissa Auf Der Maur is doing okay last I heard, her single wasn't that bad, one of the only girls I see out there not faking anything.

The guy in dashboard can't even play the guitar. He said in an interview that he tunes the strings down and plays with the different tunnings until he gets the sound he likes, hence why if you look at all his tabs 3-4 of the strings are the same.

-Jamie

No no, Emo, is basically "slit my wrists last night but i lived" type of crap. Its the new bands that are emo like My Chemical Romance ect. Anytihng that calls themselves punk these days.

hmm....ever hear "suicidal failure" by suicidal tendencies

of course not.

give it a listen.

but i find categorizing music by it's subject line to be rather distasteful,to be honest.

emo is so varied nowadays that its hard to just class something as straight Emo

stuff like dashboard confessional and the get up kids would be on the light side of Emo.

but then stuff like Finch, Funeral for a Friend and Glass Jaw are also heavilly emo influenced but to take that into account people have spawned all these new genras so Finch and FFAF are placed squarelly in ScrEamo while Glassjaw is quite often said to be ExtrEmo (i kid you not)

personally i cant be arsed with them all so it just ognore it. espescially when it gets really silly and you get bands like Rival Schools (Awesome, AWESOME band really annoying that they only did one full album) put in the Post-Hardcore-Emo section

Emo in the dashboard confessional form is said to have started off with bands like Weezer and bridged out alot from there. in the more extreme hardcore sense of it ive been told that alot of it was to do with the washington DC scene where there were alot of kids getting annoyed with the current music scene and just forming what very angsty/tempremental/doscordant bands which would normally split up at the first sign of any sort of record deal.

Linkin Park would just be straight Nu Metal imho and i wouldnt put them anywhere near Emo (tho all of this is just personal opinion) and switch foot id just say is Pop Rock tbh. Good charlotte again is just plain Pop Punk i reckon

and again this is the problem with calling things Emo. its all a matter of opinion. i've had arguments with friends of mine about whether Millencolin are an Emo band or not. as far as im concerned they play punk and just have a few slower more heartfelt (for want of a better word) songs. are they Emo? do they make "Emo" songs, yes. Are they Emo, Probablly not

so just to finish off my rant

RATM will almost certainlly not be getting back together

Leaving Johnathan Davis out of the Rap/Metal Revolution is a silly thing to do imho (early Korn good new Korn bad before anyone gets pissy)

Mary Star of the Sea (Zwan's first, last and only album is an awesome album)

and wes, i agree totally, i put up with 3 years of having people say i listend to "slit your wrists music" because it had distorted guitars and screamed/roared vocals. i dislike judging music by anything other than how much i like it and musicianship

so, happy happy joy joy laters all

JG

Johnny G:

Rage getting back together isn't as bad as it looks. i've read a few interviews and surprisingly they fought over stupid stuff; arguments over merchandise, when Tim Bob jumped on the MTV award set and was hanging off it, and there was something else between them. I think that was the second or third time Tim Bob got charged that year for something and Zack thought it was a stupid way to make a statement, and in the interview he said when he looks back on it even he was being a jerk. What they need is just time apart imo.

Johnathan Davis in the early albums (by early i assume you mean the first 2) is not a rock/rapper at all, shoots and ladders sounds i guess sort of like it, but it isnt. If we're going to be talking about talking fast in a rock song, then you might as well say Bob Dylan is the original rock/rapper of all time in highway 61 revisited and some of his other songs, and that Garth Brooks did the first rap/country song with "ain't going down until the sun comes up".

I'm not big on the rock/rap but who else can you name? From the stuff I have heard - Beastie Boys later stuff sounds all rap, compared to their early stuff where it sounds all rock (enlighten me with a song, cause i wanna learn too :D ) Kid rock did rap before he made it big, and i guess he did rock/rap but it didn't really sound like rap, it sounded like he was just speaking fast. To me there's a difference. P.O.D? I dunno, since I only have their first album and I havent' listened to it forever, and from what I do remember, they aren't rap/rock. Cypress Hills new stuff you can call rap/rock i guess since they've decided to play instruments now, though I haven't heard any songs except "rock superstar". I think imo, that you're confusing the playing styles with vocal styles. Listen to RATM's Without a Face from Evil Empire. No way Kid Rock or Jonathan Davis could do that. just my opinion though dude.

-Jamie

PS: I have that Zwan album. It's not bad, but I was talking about on a societies intake on it. A lot of people thought it was absolute garbage.

Edited by sepultura999

ive just reread my post and i think it looks like im just all out attacking everything you say which wasnt what i meant to do lol. sry if it did, nehu

i was under the impression that Zakk quit rage because he thought people were just buying the music because it was popular and not for the message he was trying to get across. hence why go back to it since that would probablly not change anytime soon.

with regards the whole rap/rock thing i look at jonathan davis more as opening up the doorway for music that combined that vocal rythme element but wouldnt really be rap. Twist for example, while not being sonically the same as rap does have a rythme to it thats heavily vocal based and so just further opened up a doorway for people to start being more creative with their vocals.obviouslly this is coming form my take on it being a vocal rythme based thing rather than actual wordplay but i hope you get where im coming from.

Beastie boys early stuff is more where the start of rock and hip hop came about. the rythme while coming from the drums is mostlly hip hop styled rythmes and whilerap is there and in more recent stuff much more so, i think that its not their most defining feature.

Kid Rock i just havnt got anytime for tbh lol. but while it isnt straight rap there is that rythmical element to it. the same with P.O.D. its nbot straight out rap but there is a heavy element to it

Cypress hill are just doing their own thing. again i wouldnt say its Rap/Rock but you could sort of look at it as them deciding to start using samples of guitars etc and having live artists play them. again, sonically different, rythmically similar.

so in conclusion. is jonathan davis a rapper? no. but does he have a vocal style that in itsself uses the kind of wordplay(maybe soundplay is a better word lol) and rythme that is found in rap. imo yes

hope that clarifies where im coming from lol. feel free to disagree with it all.

and re:Zwan, i was under the impression that it came out storming, but then i hardlly read music mags as i prefer to form my own opinion about things. a case of opiunion over evidence lol

yeah i hear ya johnny. i hope i didnt sound all bashin lol. Well the zwan album did well in selling cause everyone loved billy corgan, but then it just got tossed in the garbage by a lot of people. i can also agree with you in how zack was thinking, but from what DJ Shadow says on his site, the album is ready to be mastered, so if he wants to get the message out, just master it and post it on a site to be downloaded. I don't like kid rock or any of that crap either, i'm just used to hearing it now and then. Infact a lot of the recent music I like comes from Europe.

if i ever hear that retarded warbling again i may go homicidal.

Rage getting back together isn't as bad as it looks.

CALL AN AMBULANCE FOR WES :DB):D

-Jamie

yeah i hear ya johnny. i hope i didnt sound all bashin lol. Well the zwan album did well in selling cause everyone loved billy corgan, but then it just got tossed in the garbage by a lot of people. i can also agree with you in how zack was thinking, but from what DJ Shadow says on his site, the album is ready to be mastered, so if he wants to get the message out, just master it and post it on a site to be downloaded. I don't like kid rock or any of that crap either, i'm just used to hearing it now and then. Infact a lot of the recent music I like comes from Europe.

if i ever hear that retarded warbling again i may go homicidal.

CALL AN AMBULANCE FOR WES :DB):D

-Jamie

not that retarded warbling...ratm's retarded warbling...

"you can't have no family,with a pocket full of shells" icon8.gif

oh,and by the way...homicidal means i would be killing others...not myself.

that pesky english language again...i know it's tough :D

not that retarded warbling...ratm's retarded warbling...

"you can't have no family,with a pocket full of shells"

oh,and by the way...homicidal means i would be killing others...not myself.

that pesky english language again...i know it's tough

HAHAHAHA :D "BURN" Another wes burn

I love it's like a train wreck you just cant look away B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

"CALL AN AMBULANCE FOR WES" - fine, next fight you get in, ill just watch you get hurt and not care! haha.

*ricky from trailer park boys* you think you're so big wes with your guitars and your modding and all that. lol.