Well My New Warlock Is Dead

Well after waiting for 4 weaks I finily got my new B.C Rich warlock droped off by UPS any way I oppend the box with excitement only to find that the God Dam neck was broken in half and F**K Iam pissed :D UPS charged me 45.00USD shipping and it was 2 weaks late and when It got hear I found out that I hade to pay them 50.00 bucks for there Dam brokerage fee, I think Iam just ready to POP this has not been a good month I dont know what the hell to do now :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

If you are having packages being delivered that contain something fragile, OPEN IT IMMEDIATELY, while the UPS guy is still there. He is a suspect, give him an earfull, then move on up the chain of command. Also, a cardboard box is no protection for a solid body electric guitar. I would ensure it was snug fitted into a hardshell case. Cost for the extra weight would not concern me when it comes to a guitar. I take it for granted that anyone handling my packages DID indeed fall off the turnip truck, and might even damage it out of spite for the job he hates so much.

Edited by Southpa

i've never had a problem with shipping yet so this is good for me to find out information but isn't there anything you can do like contact UPS or whatever? did you have insurence and wouldn't that help or is that only for lost items? I always see replacement necks go on ebay. Here's a guy from Ontario for you Matt, if this helps.

bc rich neck

-Jamie.

If you are having packages being delivered that contain something fragile, OPEN IT IMMEDIATELY, while the UPS guy is still there. He is a suspect, give him an earfull, then move on up the chain of command. Also, a cardboard box is no protection for a solid body electric guitar. I would ensure it was snug fitted into a hardshell case. Cost for the extra weight would not concern me when it comes to a guitar. I take it for granted that anyone handling my packages DID indeed fall off the turnip truck, and might even damage it out of spite for the job he hates so much.

Oh God this neck is so F**KEN trashed I just can't get over it this has just been such a HUGE pain in the ass but your right I should have oppend it when I had the UPS guy right there Ohwell live and learn right :D

i've never had a problem with shipping yet so this is good for me to find out information but isn't there anything you can do like contact UPS or whatever? did you have insurence and wouldn't that help or is that only for lost items? I always see replacement necks go on ebay. Here's a guy from Ontario for you Matt, if this helps.

bc rich neck

-Jamie.

That would be great If I hade not spent all my guitar fund money on this DAM guitar, I Am in contact with UPS about the insurence but thay have to trace it first and than send over a driver to look at the damage than if Iget any insurence they have to send it back to the shipper that I bought it from and than They have to send it back to me I can see it now this is realy going to SUCK big time :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Really sorry to hear that, dude.

Over the years, I've dealt with UPS a lot. I don't trust them. They're slow, careless, slow, expensive, slow, unreliable, slow, and hard to deal with. Did I mention that they're slow?

I've recently bought 2 guitars from AMS and had them both delivered FedEx Ground. Both times they arrived a day before they were scheduled and the boxes were pristine. Not a wrinkle. I also shipped one out that I'd sold on Ebay from OK to NJ and it got there fast and safe.

As far as I'm concerned, FedEx Ground is the only way to go.

Really sorry to hear that, dude.

Over the years, I've dealt with UPS a lot. I don't trust them. They're slow, careless, slow, expensive, slow, unreliable, slow, and hard to deal with. Did I mention that they're slow?

I've recently bought 2 guitars from AMS and had them both delivered FedEx Ground. Both times they arrived a day before they were scheduled and the boxes were pristine. Not a wrinkle. I also shipped one out that I'd sold on Ebay from OK to NJ and it got there fast and safe.

As far as I'm concerned, FedEx Ground is the only way to go.

FUnny, I've had the exact oppsite experience! Mabye it's where we live as to the speed? Mabye the people who work near you are carless? But i've had horriable results with FedEx. Everytime (and I mean every) teh box gets crunched and sometimes the stuff is all messed up. Also It almost always gets delayed. UPS on teh other hand gets stuff promptly and I have NEVER had a problem with them. I have orderd stuff from washington state (I'm in texas) I orderd it UPS ground (2-5 day) And It always gets here on teh second day. Luckey? mabye, but I know i'm happy wit UPS. I think It just boils down to the people who work near you. Do they like there job? Do they WANT to do a good job? I have heard that UPS has great benefits and employees have a reason to stay around.

When I worked at Kurzweil Music Systems we had to drop UPS.

Music stores would return synths because they were overstocked and we'd receive a busted up box full of broken pieces that didn't even look like a keyboard anymore.

Once we switched to FedEx our damaged returned stock % dropped considerably.

Well Iam sure that this guitar was stomped on for dam sure I took a real good close look at the box and I found a few hole's from the tunning pegs and the box is all flat up there so I laid the guitar out on top of the box and I lined up the damage on the guitar to the damage on the box and what do ya know it lines up Iam mad for a few reasons now, the fact that the guitar was shipped in only a box

realy get's me fumeing and the fact that someone was walking all over my guitar!!!!!

"I just, I, it's, God I mean, but, where, i, be" I have no word's none :D

Maybe I've just been lucky. Anyway.

Matt, where did you order that Rich from?

I think it was from Colorado somewhere I got the guitar on eBay!

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Feb11527BAD.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...Feb11528BAD.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...Feb11525BAD.jpg

Hear's some pic's of the neck :DB):D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Well the damage is alot worse than it look's in the pic's, the fret board is Cracked in half as well and the trussrod is bent and the wood is splinterd, it's one DEAD neck I mean I would need a new fret board a new trussrod and the neck would still be broken in half, so I don't realy have a lot of hope that this thing will be fixed

B)

Matt, your year is off to a real toilet-paper end-of-roller! I bet you the late delivery is not UPS's fault and the damage is a 50/50 split. I quit Musicians Fiend cause they would throw a guitar in a single-wall box and expect it to make it unscathed. Now, I have shipping at Zzounds hold a case until the guitar arrives and ship them together. They TRY to ship them seperate but I made arrangments with the CS guy to hold a case until the backorder shows up. UPS will take care of you but it will never take the edge off a REALLY bad deal. How goes the employment deal?

Matt, your year is off to a real toilet-paper end-of-roller! I bet you the late delivery is not UPS's fault and the damage is a 50/50 split. I quit Musicians Fiend cause they would throw a guitar in a single-wall box and expect it to make it unscathed. Now, I have shipping at Zzounds hold a case until the guitar arrives and ship them together. They TRY to ship them seperate but I made arrangments with the CS guy to hold a case until the backorder shows up. UPS will take care of you but it will never take the edge off a REALLY bad deal. How goes the employment deal?

AMS has a policy that I really like.

If you buy a giutar and case, they put the guitar in the case and then pack it. If you don't buy a case, they charge you $5 for extra packing.

Personally, I buy the case.

I got a guitar off ebay once. It wasshipped in a huge box. Then inside the box was a bunch of tightly packed wrapping paper and a coffin shaped box about 4 inches thick then there was a few layers of bubble wrap and a guitar and more bubble wrap and wrapping paper. I was pretty happy with the condition in came in. I'm sorry to hear that about your guitar, Matt.

Having dealt with UPS for years you can still get a claim started and get your money back. Call 1-800-CALLUPS (in the US, not sure if it's the same in Canada) or go online to www.ups.com and get the Canadian number. Did you purchase it from ebay or an online dealer? You can also contact them and get the claim rolling........

From the looks of it the strings were not loosened prior to shipping and the box was dropped or hit. The box can be in perfect shape when it arrives but if it was dropped flat it will cause this. It happens especially when the big companies or the inexperienced ship guitars. I forgot to loosen the strings once when I was in a hurry and my customer received a "headless" acoustic. Not a good thing.

BTW.....UPS SUCKS at paying claims. They deny all responsibilty and blame the shipper then walk away. They soaked me for several guitars that were clearly damaged by them (tire tracks on the box, hole straight through the box and acoustic guitar inside, crushed boxes, etc). I finally got fed up and switched to DHL and have had no issues with them. They did drop and break one but they paid the insurance claim so I can't complain.

Also, a case is not necessary when shipping if the shipper knows what they are doing. I ship double boxed and well padded guitars all the time with no problem - acoustic and solid bodies. If you pack them right they arrive in one piece.

2 cents from a guy that shipped over 800 guitars last year......FWIW.

man bluespresence this realy suck's I have a claim started with UPS and I'll see how that goes, and Ya the strings were not loosened at all when I got it so iam sure that realy helped with breaken the neck! I can tell ya one thing

"NO MORE UPS" for me!! B)<-that's a forced smile right there!

Well, I guess things can only get better, now, right?

Oh God I realy hope so!!