My First Guitar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youl have to wait 2weeks for that im afraid, its the easter holidays at my school and i forgot to take my guitar home to finish, its locked in the tech room i use at the school, i can even see it through the window!!

Anyway, its no biggy cause im consentrating on reading up finishing techniques so i dont screw it all up, and my other passion, freestyle mountain biking!!

• 3 weeks later...

Huzza!! New pics at last!

I put my stain on it and its looking good (to me at least).

Image8.jpg

This shows the arm rest quite well, its more rounded over that most guitars and its more comfey to me that way

More pics.

What it will look like once its done, only with a B/E maple FB, Cliky Here

The body by its self, Pic

Another body shot

I am aware that the P'up 'routs' are shoddy, there were done by hand with a chisel and only cleaned up with a router. i decided i wasnt going to do a resesed TOM after i had resessed 2mm, im just going to use a LPjr type bridge/tail peice with a 3degree neck angle. The stain looks a little dull but it will liven up once the clear has been put on. I am still going to do a black burst.

• 3 weeks later...

f1ea75e4.jpg

Just a small update. I have seald/grain filled with shellac, today i am getting my black (or maby purple) paint for my burst and a few cans of nitro.

Another pic can be found here

Even tho its not been polished its quite shiney, i cant wait to see what its like with the nitro and burst. Exiting stuff.

Edited by Marzocchi705

Yeh, the sides are sruffy. Its getting the burst put on tonight, im getting realy exited, i'll post some pics later on. Thoes white marks on the side is actually shellac dust and water, it wipes right off.

If you want to see the burst, i may have the pics up in 5-6 hours. Untill then... Well anything you want really... :D

Oh my god, this thing looks sooooooooooo good, the pics dont do it justice. I'll get a high resolution camera in the morning.

Image089.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/mar...05/Image091.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/mar...05/Image090.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/mar...05/Image088.jpg

You can really see the shine on the last two. So what you guys think?

except for the routes, you did an excellent job...that looks awesome.

The routes were done with a chisel, they suck i know. The next one will be done with a router, i wasnt aloud to use one at my school due to saftey regulations. I use them all the time at home too so that kinda sucked.

Thanks for the kind words guys, means alot ya know.

how did you do that burst? :D

I used the poor-mans burst tutorial, you can find it here

Link to my finishing screw up, nothing to do with the way i did it, but the product i used. I will re-do it after my exams, there done in 2weeks so anytime after that i should be done, ready to fit hardware and play, then i will build my own neck. I have the neck ready to go in the band saw for profiling.

hehe that is the tutorial i'm gonna use for my guitar when i paint a burst on it :D just wanted to know if you knew a better way :D did you do it exacly like the tutorial? coz i want my burst to go a little more near the center of the guitar, if you know what i mean B) i don't want a thin burst just by the edges, want it be little more burst i guess :D i'm thinking of taking the paper guitar template thingy and cut like 2 cm (about 4/5") of the sides of the paper thing to make the burst bigger

Just use a lower angle to spray the paint, thats what i did, my burst was (its now of for redoing) a good inch or so in. Practice on some newspaper first with the template, its the only way to know for sure the angle you need for your burst width. Practice is the key, i didnt do anything to my body that i didnt practice on scraps.