Ca Guitars

No, CA is the brand. I've never played one (I've wanted to for awhile), but I've only heard good things about them. I heard one live at a concert recently, and it really did sound pretty good (I think it was a crown of thorns model). I have no clue how it sounds unplugged though, and that's what's more important to me in most circumstances.

Not at all from what I've seen. The only thing that relates them to Ovation is the composite material. I positively cannot stand Ovations, with the bowl back and none of them seem to sound anymore than halfway decent (even with their "new improved bracking"). Like I said, I've never played a CA, but I've heard them, and read a few reviews. Although everyone knows how reliable reviews are.

Ovations may not sound good unplugged, but plug it in.... wow. I have an ovation celebrity, not a high end guitar by any means. I plugged that direct into the P.A. at my church last night, and I got a ton of compliments about how good it sounded.

I will agree though that the bowl back is a PIA :D

Ovations may not sound good unplugged, but plug it in.... wow.  I have an ovation celebrity, not a high end guitar by any means.  I plugged that direct into the P.A. at my church last night, and I got a ton of compliments about how good it sounded.

I will agree though that the bowl back is a PIA :D

i'm gonna have to disagree with you there. My takamine sounds better than any ovation I've ever heard, plugged in or un plugged.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, im gonna cry. My first ever guitar is an ovation, and i love playing it. i never played a new one but mine is an early 70's celebrity. (in fact i think they just did some reissue of it or something) I really love it, and it has mucho sentimental value. I guess i will have to play a new one to see how they compare.

i'm gonna have to disagree with you there.  My takamine sounds better than any ovation I've ever heard, plugged in or un plugged.

you DO know that takamine is made by the same compagny right?

Kaman Music Compagny

oh and btw...

its NOT because a guitar dosen't sound like a regular guitar, or that YOU do not like the sound of it that it sounds bad.

i have an Ovation celebrity deluxe and i can tell you that unplugged or plugged, it can't compare to anything i've heard even for like 200$ more. At least for me.

And for the round back, mine is supershalow and i think its more comfortable than a regular one.

now i admit they do sound a bit more "plastic" but i really dig that sound. And my friend's A/E Ibanez can't even COMPARE to my O for the plugged in sound.

anyways, just my 2c canadian.

:D

Edited by Pr3Va1L

you DO know that takamine is made by the same compagny right?

thats soooo wrong. Takamine is made by takamine (in japan if you have a nice on elike mine) Karman only imports them into the USA. All takamine guitars go through Karman music when coming into the USA. Karman re sets them up (because of the long plane flight) And then gives them to the US dealers.

But you go ahead and think what you want. If you want to play a "plastic" (you said it not me :D ) sounding acoustic. Than by al means be my guest :D I prefer my acoustics to sound plugged in just as they do unplugged. And I like a nice woody tine that is complex and has nice harmonics. something I have never heard in a ovation.

Edited by Godin SD

• 4 weeks later...

:D

Hey everybody , C A guitars is now over with. I have news of the company laying off all their workers. Some have been there since the beginning. Seems the CA hog couldn't pull off the manufacturing of " the best guitars in the world "

I heard from an employee that the "heads" of the company would not listen to changes that needed to be made. The guitars were also being "fixed" to sell as second choice guitars, because of so many problems with manufacturing.

I'm glad i held off on buying that CA, no telling what i would have gotten....

I had figured that this might happen, the company was moving too fast and not listening to the people that know how to make guitars....... oh well it's time to bury that dead hog......

• 3 weeks later...

I used to work there, thats why I started the topic just to see if anyone had heard, played or had any opinions on them. I wanted to see how many people thought they were junk. To be honest some of their guitars are not junk, SOME of them were actually pretty good, after I made their fret slotting jig accurate 4 years after the company started. Their production was screwed up, I tried to fix what I could, or I should say was allowed to fix. If they don't get sued they will never go out of business, I can't explain. They will never be able to make guitars properly either though. Come to think of it I made one tool that was so accurate it showed all the inconsistencies and problems with all the other parts of production, which were not allowed to be fixed. Anyway I could go on for days. I will leave it at that.

Edited by Ragasguitars