Smoke Tobacco?

ToneMonkey

Do you smoke TOBACCO?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

my vote was no never tho ive tried it once or twice (i think everybody has)

it just feels like someone is attacking the back of my throat with sandpaper and i get horrible cotton mouth. add to that i hate the taste and the smell

id sure as hell never kiss a smoker "blearugh"

I too am a smoker, and smoke far too damn much for my own good. I smoke around 40 cigarettes a day, and have been smoking for over 10 years.

I did quit smoking once, for 3 months, about 3 years ago.

I had all sorts of promlems conentrating on things, studying, and remembering things (as well as many other probs).

Anyway, even though I no longer craved cigarettes (physically or mentally), I thought that not smoking was the cause of my problems.

I deliberatly started smoking again and, lo and behold, the problems didnt go away.

After a few months, I went to the doctor, had some scans and 'stuff'... it turns out that I had epilepsy, which was triggered by Zyban, the drug I had used to stop smoking.

By this time, I was hooked again, and have decided to to quit for another year or so.

I guess for me, I know that I CAN quit, because I did it before, and stupidly CHOSE to take it take it up again (I was 'fully quit'- no cravings, completely no interest in smoking-'mentaly quit' as well as physically).

I plan to quit smoking around June next year.

Out of curiosity (for those who cant remember what it's like :D ), once you have quit smoking (after the withdrawals) you feel the same was as you do after you have finished a cigarette ALL the time, instead of just for 10 minutes or so.

That was one of the scaryest parts of quitting smoking for me- the withdrawals DO stop. I am glad that I know was techniques and stratagies do/dont work for me.

Cheers all,

luke

I quit for about the same length of time but started again after getting drunk :D

I really wish that I could quit, but most of my mates smoke (as does the missus) and it's hard to sit in a pub not having a smoke when everyone else is. I must jus be soft in the head.

Roll on the smoking ban, it's gonna be hard for the smokers but as soon as it becomes the "non normal" thing the better. If I caught my kids smoking (not that I have any) I would kick their arse.

Sod it, I'm off for a ciggy B) (normally, in UK we call it a fag but I know there are a lot of yanks on here and they'd snigger if I said that I was off to suck on a fag :D )

Thanks alot monkey, made me wanna go to a pub and have a smoke.  :D

As I understood it, smoking in Europe is commonly more accepted these days than it is in the US?

It appears that way, but never having been to the US I don't know. They are going to ban it in public like (most places?) over there. Infact Ireland already has.

I'm currently trying to drag a colleague or two to the pub after work. Only an hour and a half left and I can win myself some beer money, thrashing them at pool B) .

im lucky in that being in boarding school means unless your really persevereant then smoking is hard enough to do. i sure as hell cant be arsed to use my beer money to buy fags that id have to smoke down the bottom of the football pitches at 6 in them orning

also hardlly any of my friends moke so im not around it that much at all.

ah i wish i could play pool and win money at it. my plan at uni is to get people to bet money on me and my rubiks cube

"bollocks you can do it in under 2 minutes" :D watch me lol

Rollies are definately better than ciggies. But they do make you feel like a bit of tramp when you're rolling one in a posh resturant

Yes, DEFINATElY! Hahaha, I know that feeling! People tend to feel sorry for you and give you a TM. However, I much preffer my 'Champion Ruby'. I also use filters as well- Do you guys? It seems to take the remaining harshness away, AND you dont get those stains on your fingers.

I wouldnt go back to unfiltered hand rolled cigarettes- filters are definately the best option.

No bits of tobacco in your mouth either! (I used to hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Luke

The guy I know that rolls them rolls them by hand, too. He's an awesome blacksmith (one of the best in the country in my opinion), so one day he was teaching me some stuff. I think I was there for maybe 5 hours. We sat around and didn't work (the only time he smoked) for about 2 hours. I think I counted 17 cigs in that time. He'd role one, smoke it, toss it in the fire, roll another one....But I've really never smelled any other tobacco that grand. I was thinking it could possibly be pipe tobacco, but I've never asked.

I actually live in good ol' Virginia :D

Thanks alot monkey, made me wanna go to a pub and have a smoke.   :D

As I understood it, smoking in Europe is commonly more accepted these days than it is in the US?

It appears that way, but never having been to the US I don't know. They are going to ban it in public like (most places?) over there. Infact Ireland already has.

It;s getting so faschist in the UK I wrote a song about it. Seems to me alcoholics are better tolerated here than nicotine addicts...

• 2 weeks later...

cant stand people smoking near me, smoking, or smoke - i have asthma and it kills me - just pack up and feel bad.

i agree, roll on the smoking ban, its about bloody time.

i have never smoked ever. It just doesn't interest me. My parents smoke one or two a day, and my uncles smoke. One of my uncles uses home grown tobacco and he says he doesn't smoke as much a day as he used to. Smoke kills me too and i don't have asthema; it burns my eyes, i get headaches and I can't breathe as well. IMO if you smoke, smoke outside or smoke inside as long as everyone is comfortable with it. I wish I could tell my parents to get out of the house but they won't in the winter, and in the summer they're always outside for a smoke. They thankfully smoke in other parts of the house I am not in.