New Member, Latest Project

I'd be surprised if EVH hasn't sued this guy yet!

http://www.paintyourownguitar.com/gw5150.html

For writing a "how to" book? B)

I don't think so. :D

Well, I guess if you consider people can put on the internet how to make illegal drugs and pipe bombs without getting in trouble, you got a point! :D I wish some people would know better to not follow some "How-To's"

I can see it now:

"How to Make Your Own Meth Lab and Kill Yourself with Phosphide Gas" :D

Edited by Kyle Cavanaugh

Well, I guess if you consider people can put on the internet how to make illegal drugs and pipe bombs without getting in trouble, you got a point!  I wish some people would know better to not follow some "How-To's"

:D

Edited by Dino

Personally, I always liked Eddies Steinberger and Converse shoes more than the 5150.

OK, that's a lie. I love the 5150. But the Steinie IS pretty cool. :D

Greg

Well, I guess if you consider people can put on the internet how to make illegal drugs and pipe bombs without getting in trouble, you got a point!  I wish some people would know better to not follow some "How-To's"

What an assinine comparison.

The biggest problem with these types of forums is that the there are schmucks like you, offering your "free" advice at the expensive of other people ruining their instruments.

Do you REALLY want to tell me that I would be "better NOT to follow" the "how to's" explained in the book I purchased? Would you also then like to explain just how I was able to achieve the factory finish you saw in my pics? Or maybe the several testimonials shown on this authors webpage? (www.paintyourownguitar.com)

Me thinks the only "how to's" people are better off NOT following are your own.

I can see it now:

"How to Make Your Own Meth Lab and Kill Yourself with Phosphide Gas"

Appears to be spoken from someone with GREAT knowledge on the subject.

What the hell is "Phosphide Gas" anyway?

Is that what you were smoking when you posted your reply to this thread?

yo dino

chill out dude! :D

the way kyles post reads to me is that people should not follow the "how to's" he mentioned, not the painting one you are referring to.

(although i did not see his post before it was edited) :D

dude (i use this word a lot!)

i don't have a problem with people recommending books or products etc that will help others.

i do have a problem if the book/product is written/produced by the person recommending it, and they do not state this.

i understand (from your posts) that you have no connection with this book or the profits made from it, so i don't seee it as an issue.

i merely made the point that to me it didn't seem like kyle was commenting on the painting "how to", but on the other "how to's" that he mentioned in his post.

(again, did not see the unedited version)

Don't see how anyone on this site actually would go off and buy this book.

Most info/knowledge in book would come from sites like these anyway.

But then again. Some newbies might not wanna spend the time and dislikes using the search button. As time is money and when you have much of last you mostly have less of first.

Just my $0.02.