Zoom 3000s

PatientZero

So I just bid on this thing on a whim, and really wasn't expecting to win the auction. I saw the opening bid was $40 and hit the bid button. then I noticed the auction ended in 8 minutes. I'm the parent of a Zoom 3000s now. SO, has anyone ever used one of these? what can I expect? I guess that for 40 bones, just using it as a chromatic tuner would be cost effective, but what the hell. Thoughts anyone?

I use a zoom driver that wes is on about, I think its called hyperlead distortion or something, it is a great pedal, I don't know about the multi fx's, but this truely rocks

I think its called hyperlead distortion or something,

no...mine is called a "zoom driver"

i believe it was one of the first drive pedals zoom made ...back in the early 90s i think was when i got it...maybe late eightees?

anyway they don't make it anymore...matter of fact i saw one at guitar center recently in a museum style display case...made me feel old...especially when i said "hey,i got one of those" and the punk behind the counter said " i can't believe yours still works"

by the way mine did stop working since then :D

had to replace it with a boss metal zone...the zoom was better

Ahhh must be completly different ones then :D my bad! yours isn't a muilti though wes?

Ahhh must be completly different ones then :D my bad! yours isn't a muilti though wes?

i don't know what you mean by a multi...it only does distortion,that's all it was made for,but it has different types of distortion.i used the metal setting of course,but it also had combo,blues...a couple of others...i would tell you more,but i can't seem to find where i left it

but it is a large red and black stompbox style made out of heavy duty plastic(super tough) with a circular knob to select the type of distortion,plus gain,bass,mid,and treble control knobs

on the top it simply says "zoom driver"

i can't even find a picture of one online

Wes Zoom is very big on multi effects pedals, the 505, if I'm not mistaken was the 1st one out, after that there have been a few. Link to ZZounds.com, they have a few different ones out.  I didn't know or was aware that they made single stomp boxes too. Their home page

this was before the 505.the 505 was considered the replacement for the zoom 5000 because they said it did more for the same price(total crap...the distortion they have now does not compare.it was also the first multi effects box,but not the first distortion product

they still made stompboxes recently...trimetal etc...

http://www.samsontech.com/products/product...D=159&brandID=4

http://www.samsontech.com/products/product...D=158&brandID=4

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

The pedal came in yesterday. Here's what I found when I opened the box:

Original factory packaging.

Price tag still on it.

Protective film still on the LED panel.

Factory power supply unopened.

Warranty card still in the box.

This thing is in PERFECT shape. If it was used at all, it was babied.

i have a 606. Best pedal i have. Well the only one i have. but i was thinking of more. But the 606 allowed me to make whatever effect i wanted. Very pleased. Best 100 dollar assesory i ever bought for my guitar. Very easy to use and fun. Unlimited amount of effects to make.

Good luck with your zoom.