Floyd Rose Trems For Under $70

hmmm, lookin at that site, they recon they are die cast, hmm i dunno wat to think of stuff like that, cos i dont have much experience with floyds, but usually you pay for what you get. but hey if ur lookin for somthin you can beat the living bejeebus through then go for it

well,what you need are either hardened knife edges or a hardened base plate.die cast edges wear down VERY quickly.

all of the good copies do it one way or the other.

ibanez has another inovation though...the zero resistance trem...which i think is the best thing i have seen in a while

http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/s1625fbnt.htm

well,what you need are either hardened knife edges or a hardened base plate.die cast edges wear down VERY quickly.

all of the good copies do it one way or the other.

Sorry to insist... but you wouldn't happen to know any of these "good copies" would you? (aside from the schaller one)

Thanks,

- Dan

PS: I had seen those ZR Ibanez tremolo's one the S series guitars at my local shop and I was pretty impressed... but I just assumed there were only available on Ibanez guitars? I remember a thread about them a while back Where's the Beef, so try a search.. might come up with something?

wow....... im...... amazed, instead of an edge up against the posts they just hinged it, well i know wat i mean, u lot may not, but i recon awesome, my next question is where do i obtain one of these beasts without starving for a month?

i don't know if they are available for individual sale.if they are...vwall is a liscensed ibanez parts dealer,so i would start with him...otherwise,buy a cheap s series ibanez and gut it is about all i know to do.

from what i understand though the rout for it is completely different...

You can get the ZR trems off www.ibanezrules.com but expect to pay quite a bit. What I would do is get the part # and go to guitar center and haggle em down. I recently got a BRAND NEW gold lo pro kit for $150 that they had to special order for me. Just tell em that the music store down the street said they would give it to you for $160. :D

on the djs site they don't say whether or not the lo pro trems are die cast or machined, they are slightly more expensive, i'll email the company to ask them about it, if they are machined i can't see how they arent worth $70 or so-granted they can't be as good as the schallers but maybe somewhat comparable

+1.

Try to invest in decent quality trem. Your guitar will love you for it.

Options open are:

* Get new Ibanez Lo Pro Edge, Original FR, Schaller trem from dealer.

* Find secondhand Ibanez Edge or Lo Pro Edge on evil*bay.

I have seen cheap trems where I could rub off the chrome with my finger.

When it walk, talk and flies like a duck......it's simply not always a duck.

Well, great wish i would have known that. I bought one of those bridges fro djs guitars. Oh well, guess ill try it, my guitar is already routed to fit that one. I dont really care if the chrome rubs off of it, as long as it works i am fine. However i do have a queation, does anyone know where i can pick up emg pickups in which. I want a 60 and 81 in white. I saw guitar parts depot had them but they were all in black.