New Guitar Design

im thinking of making it black, ebony fingerboard, maple neck (painted black) don't know if i wan't tremolo bridge or Tune-o-matic bridge, emg-hz pickups i think, black headstock, black tuners and black knobs (thinking of having everything black on the guitar :D and scale length? hmm i guess 25.5" or sum, 6 strings and i'm gonna try to have cool inlays (not dot inlays... :D )

man dont use the HZ pickups. even if you go from 2 hz to 1 emg 81. youll be more thankful in the long run i think. that will be a really nice guitar would be a shame to use less than great pickups. JMO. but i love the design

I second this, the Hz sucks big time. I will have an 81 0r an 85 anytime.

you can bet that all the major innovations have already come about, and we're all in the same boat tweeking.

That remindes me of when in 1863 all the top scientists of the day decided that everything that is usful had already been invented :D:D

I'm sure they thought that before leo fender revolutionised everything with his tele and strat.

It will happen again... I guarantee it! B)

im buying a Bvi-T right now

Import Or U.S.A-------?? and How much$$$

Input I Need Input :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

okey should i use two EMG 80? (i'm more of a lead guitarist than a rhytm player) maybe one 80 and one 85 or sum? :D what's the best combination for a lead guitarist?B) btw im probably gonna put some cool decal of the devil or sum on the headstock, just something evil and cool looking :D:D

Edited by G.I. Ace

The 81 in the bridge and the 85 in the neck is the usual setup for most metal guitarists (Kirk Hammet, Zakk Wylde, etc...) The 85 has a softer edge to it then the 81. The EMG60 id the one used by James Hetfield and has some cross phasing technology in it.

The other option is the 89 which is basically a coil tapped HB version of the 85 (i may be wrong). Id say definately the 81 for dirt and the 85 or 89 for lead. Cant go wrong with that!, tho be warned, they output at about 1.5 volts so its gonna be hella loud!