Strat Bridge

Hi. I got a body off Ebay. It's strat-esque, with 3 single coils, but the bridge I aint sure of. Can anyone tell me what type of hardtail it takes? I have a feeling its a fulcrum tremolo, but I'm not sure. Here's a pic. Sorry about the bad quality.

bridge.JPG

It does look like the new Fender fulcrum type trem. What did the body claim to be? There's a few trems about - like the Wilkinson, but I myself have no experience of those.

:D

It didnt say on the auction. I dont think its the Wilkinson because they only have 1 screw or whatever. PIC:

3533_1lg.jpg

The fulcrum tremolo's have the same routing, but I'm afraid that if I get it, they screws will be too small, as these holes are 0.9cm big.

that looks like the same rout that is on my kamen applause(first guitar i ever bought.i still have it)i am holding the bridge in my hand right now it is a kmd fulcrum trem with fine tuners.BUT all the routs for non recessed trems are similar.it could be and probably is a floyd type trem.it just wasn't recessed.try slapping a floyd on and see how it fits with the stud holes.

BTW a wilkinson does have 2 inserts it is just that one of them sits on a wider ledge.and it could also be a wilkinson trem that fits on it.i would just go to a store with many types of bridges and see what fits.

It didnt say on the auction.  I dont think its the Wilkinson because they only have 1 screw or whatever.

A Wilkinson most certainly use TWO screws.

How else would it work, if it only had one screw/post to rest against?

:o

Why don't you go and check out Warmoth's site?

They have almost blueprint like images for all trems they sell, including all measurements for posts and bushings and so on....

So, just :D on!

Grrrrrrrrrrr I hate it when they pull the anchors out like that and leave you with a search for something compatable so it fit's snug. Be sure you measure from center to center of those holes to get a better grip on which trem to purchase since they do come in different widths :D

Grrrrrrrrrrr I hate it when they pull the anchors out like that and leave you with a search for something compatable so it fit's snug. Be sure you measure from center to center of those holes to get a better grip on which trem to purchase since they do come in different widths :D

By center do you mean the small hole in it? It looks like it is. Anyone any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...