New Flying-v Design! The Deadhead

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gsrguitars

Looks great! Can see the Moser V influence - in quite a big way, but interesting you pointed the "fins" in the other direction... I'm liking that...

Cheers!,

G

interesting you pointed the "fins" in the other direction... I'm liking that...

Thank's man There was two reasions for doing that, First The the bad glue gap :D

and seckond Is that I love my design's to have a blade/weapon look to them

and this one look's like a Big ass spear that when lunged in to something

those hook's would keep it from pulling out! well not with out Tearing and shreding The SH*T out That something!! B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

you know, all the evil metal death's head stuff...

To a point, it's all fun. We all understand that.

But, to either ignore or make fun of what some of those symbols stand for, well, you should visit a few of the Jewish Death Camps in Germany, the hidden ones, the ones they tried to destroy and hide from the world, to get a full comprehension of what those symbols really mean to millions of people all around the world. They stand for hate. REAL hate, not guitar metal funny hate, but real honest-to-god hatred of man.

Spend 1/2 hour on the 'net researching some stuff like that.

Where ONE THOUSAND people would arrive by the trainload every single day, and 1000 corpses were dumped into hurriedly-excavated holes in the ground no more than a few short hours later, robbed of all their valuables, of their clothes, of their basic human dignity, sent naked into gas chambers, and murdered and dumped into the ground like they were a bag of trash.

Every day like clockwork, like you get up and have breakfast in the morning.

And many of our fathers (mine included) fought and gave their very lives and died (as in dead and buried) to protect this world from those symbols and what they stand for. They left behind wives and kids and families who loved them very much and died fighting what those symbols stand for.

They didn't lay down their lives and die fighting for these things just so 50 years later people would laugh and make fun of these things.

I'm not bearing down on you or anything, but that stuff is really very serious stuff. I'm just trying to let you know that there is more to these things than just funny guitar-metal icons. There is real Hate. There is real Torture. There is Disgusting Greed. And lots and lots of death. Lots of death. More death than you could ever imagine, of people who all had moms and dads and brothers and sisters and kids.

Murder by the MILLIONS tied to those symbols and what they stood for.

Remember, you are given this life of free will, and the way you live it is by the decisions you make, one at a time, until your life is a long string of decisions, roads taken and roads not taken, so choose wisely in your decisions

Ok This Is a Quote from Drak He make sence that man!!

So I would Like To Apologize to any and all members of the P.G forum that I may have afended with some Of my post's on the death head even though I did Change the name after I did a lot of reaseach And I found That in no way did I wish to have ANY of my work associated with that Type of hate! I still feal the need to apologize If anything I said left a bad taste in your mouth or afended anyone-- Im extremly Sorry

Ok I just cant bring my self to cut up that purpleheart body so im going to do every thing in my power to save it and stay with the other design

however The new design is to good to just set aside so the Oak guitar will be useing it still so i can have the best of both worlds :D

I FEAR THE W.O.D

Guest gsrguitars
Kool design - instantly made me think of the Moser V... i think i may be the only person here who doesnt own a V!!

BigT

(oh and gary (gsr) nice too finally see you on here was on the forums on your site ages ago)

Wait... is that the Tom who had an Eddie decal from us?

-G

That guitars in my local shop...cant remember the make but its purple quilt and has gold hardwear

Sorry

What?? :D

I FEAR THE W.O.D

• 3 weeks later...

lol no its the tom who had the custom ibanez logo from ya. was on the forum for a while helpin people out and doing photoshop work. Will send you a pic of the finished result if you like. Any hoo back to topic and I think its time for me to make a V...

T

Guest gsrguitars
lol no its the tom who had the custom ibanez logo from ya. was on the forum for a while helpin people out and doing photoshop work. Will send you a pic of the finished result if you like. Any hoo back to topic and I think its time for me to make a V...

T

Yup, drop me a pic that'd be good. Back to topic...

Matt, how's the V progessing?

Cheers,

Gary

Matt, how's the V progessing?

Well Im still planing All the LED stuff out and Raiseing All the Cash I need To pay for The Neckthru! This Is The Most thinking I have Ever done On A design! :D And Im LOVING IT :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

• 2 months later...

It's similar but not the same, just like every guitar out there, just like the issue between prs and gibson. That difference in the middle makes it different, and besides the middle spike Matts has a extra little cut on the insides of the horns. So yeah it's similar but not the same so no reason to get all bent out of shape and it's not like he is selling them. Plus Matts is 4x2 tuner setup not 3x3 and no bevels. Plus Matt might have come up with this without ever seeing one of these or knew about them and wanted something similar but a little different, so he did come up with it, they are different. Have you seen all of his designs, he comes up with all kinds of different design, and in doing so you can't expect not to end up with a similar looking headstock, especially when he does pointy style guitars, there isn't much room for new designs without having some similarities with other guitars, especially with headstocks. Anyways it's not like he is trying to copyright it. He's just making a guitar for himself.

There then you have your answer, he wanted something similar so thats what he did. He made a couple of changes to a design he liked, thats how most every guitar designs out there are made, by taking something you like and tweeking it to your what you like, there's nothing wrong with that. Prs doesn't call their single cut a Les Paul even though it's very similar but it is still different, it's there own version more or less of the lp, just the same as Matt has made his own headstock with the influences of Neil Moser, it's his own design and he made it, it just has an influence, as do most designs.

I think Matt's looks better. The Moser headstock looks anorexic.

I highly doubt Matt copied this design. Of course, Tom Anderson obviously copied the Fender headstock. From what I can see, so did ESP with their old Fendery headstocks. What can you really do with a headstock? Correlations for almost every design can be traced to somewhere else.

The headstock on the guitar I have in progress is heavily influenced by the Yamaha TRB headstocks, but I altered it to my tastes.

I also checked out Neal Moser's website. He seems to be slightly influenced by BC Rich. It says that he created the design for the Beast body, but he even uses BC Rich's almost signature inlay design on 4 of the guitars he's built as well as using or combining a lot of BC Rich's signature shapes.

Edited by Canuck Brian

WHERE did this come from!

calm down mailman It's just an idea man To tell ya the truth I dont really like the headstock anymore :D I havent liked it for loung time!

Something tells me you got A bit board today! B)

maybe i cam across a little strong but when i first read your original post it sounded to me like you were taking credit for a Moser design and that kinda bothered me

didnt mean to set of some sort of troll alert, thegarehanman seems to be running around the board like the british are invading, lol

maybe i cam across a little strong but when i first read your original post it sounded to me like you were taking credit for a Moser design and that kinda bothered me

didnt mean to set of some sort of troll alert, thegarehanman seems to be running around the board like the british are invading, lol

:D Why could You not have Posted that A bit sooner :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Wierd :D I keep on checking this thread And there was Nothing new

you know I'll bet this Has Something to do with this PC im on I keep on haveing to hit refresh Im also finding that It wount log me out some times