Blue...oh So Bluuuuuue...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what did you wind up doing with it in the end, it sure is beautiful!

Nothing yet. It is still awaiting sentencing. I may use it for some bizarre experimentation but it is not tonally interesting so I might not.

Any ideas?

Raffle it off. You could:

A - Raffle it off for yourself. Sell tickets for $10 - $20 a pop. At $20 a ticket, it would only take 150 people to get you what you probably want for the guitar, and I'd bet you could easily get that many people to pay $20 to potentially own that guitar (I would).

B - Do the same thing, but the proceeds go to PG as a donation.

C - Do a combination of A & B. A certain amount of the ticket sales go to you to pay you for the materials, then the rest go to PG as a donation.

Harmony Central's electric guitar section had a fundraiser like this back when those tidal waves hit south east Asia.

BTW, STUNNING guitars Drak. :D

So what did you wind up doing with it in the end, it sure is beautiful!

Nothing yet. It is still awaiting sentencing. I may use it for some bizarre experimentation but it is not tonally interesting so I might not.

Any ideas?

I could think of a few. :D Some of them fun, some of them not so fun.

At the end of the day, though, you could always keep it on display in one form or another. I guess you wouldn't want to explain to clients that it sucked, though. B)

Greg

Hang it in a picture frame display case with an engraved "Not For Sale" sign under it. Like that really crappy art in musems and galleries that no one in their right mind would buy anyway. :D

Any ideas?

Why not strip it of its humbuckers and call it a MIDI controller?

Or remplace the pickups with active EMG's - would probably work for hi-gain applications (I did NOT say metal :D) wouldn't it?

I've heard that those GraphTech synthetic saddles kill most of the snap - might also be part of the problem?

Drak, that lizard skin on the Warlock was a real beaut!

I -just- got done dying the Lacewood Rhoads V, and have the black and blue dyed fingertips to prove it. Tee-Hee! (I ran out of my latex dye gloves  )

Thanks for the history on the lacewood Warlock. Very inspiring. I can't wait to see the Lacewood Rhoads V! Should be too cool....

Best Regards,

Mike.

Bad news folks.

As usual, the first go-round did not work :D .

The blue is waay too strong and dark. It's not the black, it's the blue, just too strong, the definition of the Lacewood figure is lost because the blue is so dark.

Gotta sand it back, make a mental note, and do it over again, which is pretty normal for me.

But, on a lighter note, everything else looks great, the booked figure and all that, very happy with everything else about it, it will look great when I get the blue notched back.

POST%20PICS.JPG

Hello Drak, im a deadset beginner.. :D can you please give me info on how to acheive such finishes ?

im making my custom shape, a Flying V x with Warlock tail, and just using some old epiphone pickups i have lying about, when i get the cash i will upgrade them of course :D (im only 16 and on a wage of 70 $ a week B)). Any info on building will be greatly appreciated. I plan on buying a ready made neck because im not ready to make my own.

Cheers

Richard

Drak if those guitar really hit the WOD, I am truley disappointed.

Ebay em off, at least them to give some newb, they will get a shot at playing around with stuff. I am sure your level of tolerance is much higher than a newb who is scared to cut anything, think about it you could start off the next PRS. At least the wood would live on. I would never trash a guitar, at least ebay it for the fact that one mans trash is anothers treasure...

just a thought.

I create, and I destroy, as is my wont.

Simple. 

Any questions?  :D  B)

Drak, you have caused many a newb to just shiver in their boots with this method of quality control. I love it! I wouldn't let any of my subpar work get out into the world either. Except maybe as smoke and ash!!!!!

If the rest of you want to pay for cheap guitars try here.

Just promise that you'll burn a few.

:D

you guys are the reason there will always be hobbiests, me, and you guys, craftsman.

How so? We can't force you to remain a hobbyist. There is nothing that I am doing that will either hold you back or stop you from excelling. It all comes down to how much you put into it and how much you really want it. It's all up to you.