OK, this one is a "one" piece (because it has 1 1" strips to make for the lower bout) mahogany strat body. It was bleached and stained blue, but my wife said it looked boring and that she didn't liked it. So I decided to pull out all my airbrush paints and have her deicde what color it will be. She got the copper out, then she got the gold and said, either one. Then I asked how about gold on the center and then copper on the edges, the reply was OK! So I got to painting. I would love to have taken pics of the blue, but I didn't, it was very bright blue, but it wasn't even, on the front it stained a bit darker and brighter than in the front. This one has a few flaws (like a ding at the input jack hole), but I will leave it like it is, I'm tired and I have not much time to get this one done before my parents arrive for a vacation here.

DSC02028.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC02031.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC02032.jpg

The hardware will be chrome, EMG 81-60, and a Carvin 22 fret neck with the face of the headstoc either copper or black.

That was a spit from my airbrush, it's gone now :D , I had to go to Micheals to get more paint, I run out. The headstock is just painted to match the body, came ot nice. I'm looking around here in the local hobby shops for some decal paper, I plan on branding my guitars!!! :D , I think I will go with the BLS font and place my initials on them with the sequence #.

Thanks Drak.

It'd be sweet if you used the same burst on the headstock, then came back and airbrushed in your initials using the copper color and a stencil with the BLS style font. Heck, you could make the stencil on your computer and cut it out with an exacto knife. Then just hand sign and number the headstock on the back PRS-style.

Edited by crafty

Well since I got more gold paint, I did bursted the headstock like the body, I will see if I can do the stencil like that.  I hate paper because the paint always find it's way under it.

Use sticky label paper, like the size for a name tag or something. Instant self-masking stencil.

you seem to use a different "Neck Handle thingy" for each project... e.g your kelly project looked like an ol' scaffolding pole.. whats that one?! lol

Once again great work maiden

~~ Slain Angel ~~

They are the same thing, just that the 1st one I did I thought about addind a piece of metal tubing and doing kinda like what Dan E. uses on his ble tele tutorial. Just that this one, I just drilled a new hole on the top to secure it with 2 screws.

They are hatchback shock absorbers... :D , I bent the end in order to be able to hook them up for drying and I can turn the guitar around with out having to pull it out of the socket were I place them for paint.

Sticky label!!! I got none here available, but just got back from the Hobby shop and got some testor paper, they only had the white one, so it will be interesting how to make it lok good. I'll post more once I get more progress.

On the guitar, I just finished color sanding the clear on the body and headstock with 400 dry and applied a wet coat on both. If I can get the decal right, I will put it in, and do a few more coats, should be ready tomorrow or sunday.

They are the same thing, just that the 1st one I did I thought about addind a piece of metal tubing and doing kinda like what Dan E. uses on his ble tele tutorial. Just that this one, I just drilled a new hole on the top to secure it with 2 screws.

They are hatchback shock absorbers...  , I bent the end in order to be able to hook them up for drying and I can turn the guitar around with out having to pull it out of the socket were I place them for paint.

Ahhh ok lol... Hatchback shoch absorbers... glad to see you use the delicate approach to doing things :D Great work once again man!

~~ Slain Angel ~~

Maiden if you are still looking for a decal material I would recomend water transfer decal paper (like the decals you would use with plastic model kits) I can't remember where I got it but I have a pack with like 100 sheets of it. It's for use with laser printers. You just print out what you want, cut it out, than put it in a bowl of water for 30 seconds. It will seperate from the paper and you just slide it off where you want it and than add the final coats of clear.

It works best too put one very thin coat of clear, than the decal, than lots more clear.

It works great, the lines don't show up at all. No matter how the light reflects on it you cant see that it's a decal.

This logo was done with it.

If you can't find any, PM me, I might shoot some out to you.

Edited by Godin SD

Here is a last update, colorsanded polished, mounted, intonated, the only thing missing right now is to make the control cavity cover and it is a wrap. Here are some pics, I can't take a full body pic that will look good inside, so I will wait until tomorrow (if it is sunny outside and take a last pic to post. It plays very nice (this is the 1st Carvin neck that I use on a non-Carvin guitar) and it is very nice (no adjustment to the rod was necesary what so ever), and it has a warm sound, and with the EMG60 on the neck, it has a thundering low crunch that I haven't heard on any of my other guitars. This is the 1st one piece mahogany body I have, so that might be it.

DSC02045.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC02047.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC02043.jpg

i hope you mean sick as a slang term lol

really nice looking. The copper holds really well, and it's not too dark, it blends very nice. I'm sure this looks way nicer in person.

Thanks Dave, I thought about you on this one, I almost went with the Lynch tiger scheme but in the pearl colors. But I ended with what you see here.

I love the heel on this, having played a few strats, this one is very nice to acceess the high frets, and also to move the cutaway down from the top of the 21 fret to the bottom of it, makes it more pleasing to my eyes and helps on the access too.