They Call Me Mr. Purpleheart!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I thought by the title of the topic that it was going to be something about Primus...

"They call me Mr. Knowitall, I will not compromise. I will not be told what to do, I shall not step aside!" -- Come to think of it, that sounds kind of like you, Drak! :D

KILLER looking wood, man. Hate to see it being covered up with that maple, however. :D

Looks like the router took a bigger bite than you wanted, but at least it threw the chip instead of eating it - right! What are your thoughts of the final finish? Looks like you have something nice on your hands - really dig the fish hook horns.

Nate Robinson

NICE I love Purpleheart B)

VERY COOL Nice top there nothing look's better than Purpleheart and Some nice maple! I dont think Wes would think so But ohwell :D And I dont think Drak like's The look of Purpleheart either he only like's the sound of it

Oh and If your able to post pic's now I WANT MORE the v's the tele's every thing man!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I think you're keying in on the upper horns, which, in a way, -is- part of my ehhh, 'trademark' look, but the bottom is completely different.

The bottom 1/2 of this one is your basic Iceman shape, but I've modified it somewhat to what I wanted out of it.

I think you're keying in on the upper horns, which, in a way, -is- part of my ehhh, 'trademark' look, but the bottom is completely different.

The bottom 1/2 of this one is your basic Iceman shape, but I've modified it somewhat to what I wanted out of it.

Ah, is it the point on the bottom? I thought that looked a bit different. And yes, I did recognize the horns, as they are the most prominant feature in your designs. :D

Drak,

I have chambered my body in a similar way, and I was wondering-- what approach are you going to take for the electronics? I was planning on just using the chamber as the 'cavity', but I haven't decided what to do for the cover yet. Probably just do a ledge since I've left enough wood... but the jury's still out.

Love the 'trademark' horns.

Greg

Ah, that makes sense,i think it looks great, very unique and distinctive but not so over the top that people go, eww whats that(like those god awful floyd rose guitars from the 80's, not guitars with floyds,guitars made by floyd). I think im going to have to call this one barney just because of all the purple going on. :D

BARNEY??????

Ack ack ack ack ack!!!!!!

:D:DB)

How about 'Mutated Squid Death'?

jk.....

Thanks Gem. :D

Drak,

I have chambered my body in a similar way, and I was wondering-- what approach are you going to take for the electronics? I was planning on just using the chamber as the 'cavity', but I haven't decided what to do for the cover yet. Probably just do a ledge since I've left enough wood... but the jury's still out.

I'll post a pic of the back (and the front with the top on it) so you can see what I'm doing electronics-wise. I thought about cutting out the back wood for a cover, I usually do that, but didn't do it here. Black cover will go well with purple anyway. B)