* String First

For my firsrt guitar i want to build a 8 stering b/c i love em and can't possible afford one and i love to build things. i measured the nut on my 6 and 7 stringa and added the difference the nut on the 8 string should be 2 1/8 and teh end of the neck should be 3 1/8. i'm getting the bridge from hipshot and i plan on making my own pickups with the pickup winder i made i have soem great literature on the subject of building guitars the book is called "building electric guitars: by martin koch. I really wanted to make everything from scratch but dont have the machines to do so so i'm doiing what i can from scratch. I was wondering what tools should i use to build the guitar or what tools will i need? i herd alot abotu how ppl like shoke shave and a rasp better than a da and a ro for shaping the neck. i donno just please give me some coments on what tools i will need to build a guitar i already have a few planes and a jigsaw and a few files. thanks

PG tools and shop

Here's a link for a start. One suggestion though, there is a search function on this site, type in what you are looking for and read all the answers. All most everything has been covered at one point or another, at least everything you need to know in the beginning. So good luck and welcome to the site! Jason

PG tools and shop

Here's a link for a start.  One suggestion though, there is a search function on this site, type in what you are looking for and read all the answers.  All most everything has been covered at one point or another, at least everything you need to know in the beginning.  So good luck and welcome to the site!                                    Jason

the link dosen't work! i still need some help with the tools

Is it black mop? Are you going to use any different colors for the parts you still need to design like the teeth or an eye? I know there isn't really any red mop but maybe some red plastic could work for an eye, that would look mean! Also have you decided on fretboard wood? Jason