Your First Guitar.

My first guitar build was my first electric. Someone gave me about 1/2 the parts I needed in a bag. It was just the body, neck, and the pickups and little else. I spent a few bucks at radio shack to get switches and wire and stuff. Then my uncle and I found a piece of unused counter top to make a pickguard. It was a lot of fun to put it together. It was even more fun to plug in and find out that it actually worked.

I wish that I still had that guitar. Back when I was in my late teens, I trashed it one night. Drunk. Stupid. That sort of thing. I wish I knew what it was, I'd love to get another one.

Wow Perry, I didn't know the vine was your first. 

Curtis: go to his site... the most helpful pictorial on building a guitar I've come across.  I believe your site is www.ormsbyguitars.com?  I have it bookmarked  :D

the tutorial thingy is www.monaro.com.au/guitars

Its no longer linked to my main site.

i wouldnt have recommended a strat as a first build. three single coil pickups, two pots and a switch? electrical nightmare!

keep it simple, get a humbucker.

starting from scratch, i went with most easiest way of doing the electrics and that was to wire a humbucker straight to the jack. even with that mr hiscock's book i still needed help. so even the simplest methods can require alot of research.

to quote melvyn "you can wire a pickup straight to the jack, but chances are, you wont want to do that, so i havent covered that in this book" thanks melvyn, £15 well spent. :D

i wouldnt have recommended a strat as a first build. three single coil pickups, two pots and a switch? electrical nightmare!

Not really. I wired my first strat with nothing but a pile of parts, a StewMac diagram and a six pack.

I gotta tell you though, I wouldn't recommend your first time with a Megaswitch (or worse, a Superswitch!). Regular Fender type 5 way for a beginner. :D

Here's my first

HF3.jpg

Honduran Mahogany body

Holoflash/Picasso finish

the neck is Ibanez but I replaced the fingerboard

Dinmarzio Air Norton & Steve's Special

Very nice guitar!!, especially for being the first one.

I´d like to build my first one with that kind of RG/Jem body type.

I have one with those two ham. but didnt use it very much yet. Are they very clean sound, doesnt it?

Demian