Kahler Back Producing Trems?

westhemann

So good,so expensive..:D

you pay for quality...i have been looking through that site and i am very impressed by all of the models they are now offering...it's about damn time!

the problem is that word of mouth is so scarce on these things.i would love to see them promoted enough that kahler keeps producing them consistently.

i love a trem,but i absolutely abhore the way pulling back on a floyd brings the strings towards the frets,forcing higher action to compensate,and i hate the huge rout a floyd needs...

it is just so unreal to me that the kahler completely fixes all of this,and yet so many still believe that a floyd is superior.

well,anyway...now all i have to do is figure out what i am going to build to house one of those bad boys.

edit

something else to think about ...you can feasably make a "super thin" guitar with a kahler....instead of being stuck with the 1 5/8" minimum of a floyd

Hey that fixed bridge model looks pretty cool. I suppose if you wanted to convert an older Kahler guitar to a hardtail that would be one way to do it, whether you filled the route or not.

I never cared for the feel of the Khaler whammy, but I agree that the hard tail looks classy.

I always thought that they had the best design because they don't go out of tune when a string breaks, and the 6 way adjustable saddles. Why did they not dominate over Floyd?

Yeah me too. I feel that it's a much better design, as is the new Ibanez ZR trem (basically a front loaded Kahler) The clear Kahler advantage is the stable saddles/string height, like a Bigsby. But I still love the fulcrum bridges too, so it's no big deal either way.

I'd like to see a Kahler with a lock for the ball ends, or a Floyd-like string lock back there. Then again, the ZR has string locks, so maybe between the three of them there's a fancy trem that's right for everyone. :D

the only thing i dont like about modern kahlers is that they have aluminum frames, not a bad thing, but there not like old kahlers.

you sure about that?looking at the pictures i don't see that anywhere.only thing i see is that they offer a few with aluminum cams(aircraft grade),but they also offer models with steel and brass.

but yeah,i do have one guitar with an aluminum bridge...it sounds fine

wes im very sure about it, i have talked with neal moser as well as a few people who have bought kahlers recently, its not a bad thing that there frames are aluminum now, there still using brass cams and steel rollers(at least the 2315 does) im just used to an all steel kahler, I was not aware that aluminum was a better "tone metal" though perry, thanks for that clarification.