Wesley Guitars

!!METAL MATT!!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Wesley-Guitars_W0...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://images.auctionworks.com/fullView.as.../ve100na_03.jpg

Hey has any one seen these guitars They dont look all that bad! I meen with some upgrades they could be cool

What do you guy's think?

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Hey I just found this one!! With some new pickups and A black pickguard with A cool graf on it this could be A deadly guitar!! Oh and lose the gold knobs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WESLEY-DOMINATOR-SWE...oQQcmdZViewItem

is that a 5 piece body?or only 4?

i would not waste money on those cheap guitars...not after already wasting so much on so many of them.

yeah, you really do get what you pay for, but if its really cheap then it might be worth messing about with. saying that i bought a telecaster copy by shine for about £80 and i love it, the clean sounds are better than my Epiphone les paul custom but doesnt compare for dist.

yeah, you really do get what you pay for, but if its really cheap then it might be worth messing about with

That's what im thinking!! with some fun MOD's these things could be fun guitars!!

geeze matt, i thought you be all over this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WESLEY-WHITE-GOTHIC-...oQQcmdZViewItem

Well to tell ya the truth Im not really likeing that thing, Warlocks are hard to change the desight with because there so well know that any copy of them kinda looks wierd

This mock looks Okish

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WESLEY-CLASSIC-BLACK...oQQcmdZViewItem

Ok this is not made by the same guy's and i's not really my style BUT dam this thing looks good http://cgi.ebay.com/Agile-Electric-Guitar-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Holy crap and this one to http://cgi.ebay.com/Agile-Electric-Guitar-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hears A link to there Ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Rondo-Music-On-Line...storeviewQQtZkm

you guys will never listen and will never learn.

go ahead,disagree all you want.if you took those guitars apart and knew what you were looking at,you would very quickly come to realize that NOBODY can make a good production guitar and sell for those prices and make a profit.nobody.

i would not waste my money on a squier either.but a squier is in fact a better guitar than those rondos.maybe after a few years you will learn.and then you will regret all of the barely playable guitars you have sitting around...i know i do.

i only wish somebody would have been around to help me out when i bought my first guitar...then i would not have spent the last two years wondering how to make it decent.

because it was my first guitar i love it and could never part with it...but it is very low quality...

but even so,the quality of the guitar i am talking about easily surpasses the guitars at that rondo store,one of which i have hanging on my wall while i try futiley to figure out how to salvage it after the fingerboard seperated.

now i can clearly see all of the fits,glue joins,and inner workings of this guitar,and as i already said in another thread...it is pure bastardization of wood.

can i make myself any clearer?

but go ahead.buy your junk.

i only wish somebody would have been around to help me out when i bought my first guitar...then i would not have spent the last two years wondering how to make it decent.

Come on, admit it, you wouldn't have listened :D

But yeah, it only took me two tele clones to recognize that crap is crap...

On the other hand, both guitars were gifts, so I won't complain. And they've both served as the basis for interesting projects.

I should add that I also have a low-end Samick Royale --cost $169...it's a great guitar, the only thing I had to change was the pickups (although I also changed the tuners and bridge when I put a Bigsby on it). But the Samick's an exception --at least they're the ones making all those other guitars anyway.

Sure, those cheapo guitars look tempting, I agree...but they remain cheapo guitars. By the time you get finished replacing ALL of the POS parts on there, including the lousy necks, you're in for almost the price of a 'real' guitar. (well, at least with the teles)

My first guitar was an encore strat copy, it was cheap and came with a little 10w amp, but it introduced me to the world of guitar. It wasn't till I got my second guitar (a second hand '89 Charvel 375) that I realised just how much the encore sucked (even my 3rd guitar, a £180 Ibanex DTX120 Destroyer isn't as good as my Charvel).

I was looking at buying one of those wesley mockingbirds a while back but decided to just wait until I could get a BC Rich one.. or build one myself :D

I bought my brother a BC Rich Warlock for christmas, and was very happy with it (after hearing alot of bad things about BC rich). The stock pickups give one sound.. dirty and loud, but that's what my brother wants. I'll buy him some new pickups for it this christmas.

go ahead,disagree all you want.if you took those guitars apart and knew what you were looking at,you would very quickly come to realize that NOBODY can make a good production guitar and sell for those prices and make a profit.nobody.

You know Wes Im not saying there Amazing guitars with some perfect wood wooking done on them!!!! What I am saying is That They look good for the Price and For A new builder/player these things could be A lot of fun to customize and improve and a GREAT work/learing Experience!!

On a side note was That kinda of a Crak? And If so who was it directed at?

you guys will never listen and will never learn.

i would not waste my money on a squier either.but a squier is in fact a better guitar than those rondos.maybe after a few years you will learn.and then you will regret all of the barely playable guitars you have sitting around...i know i do.

because it was my first guitar i love it and could never part with it...but it is very low quality...

but even so,the quality of the guitar i am talking about easily surpasses the guitars at that rondo store,one of which i have hanging on my wall while i try futiley to figure out how to salvage it after the fingerboard seperated.

now i can clearly see all of the fits,glue joins,and inner workings of this guitar,and as i already said in another thread...it is pure bastardization of wood.

can i make myself any clearer?

but go ahead.buy your junk.

Lesse, I've been playing guitar for, damn, almost 20 years now. I bought an Agile Les Paul from Rondo two years or so ago and I still play it regularly when I'm not feeling "metal." It's a good guitar.

There IS a difference between "inexspensive" and "cheap." Making blanket generalizations about inexspensive guitars does no one any good.

I can talk from experience about Wesley guitars, I bought a warlock copy from them recently with the intention of using it to learn about setups, fretting etc.

I paid about £50 - it wasn't worth £5!!

There absolutely junk I would recommend spending the money on beer, playboy, pringles, cheese or a lotto scratch-card, all immeasureably more value than these guitars!

I sold mine about a week after i bought - for more than I paid I might add..

I can talk from experience about Wesley guitars, I bought a warlock copy from them recently with the intention of using it to learn about setups, fretting etc.

There absolutely junk I would recommend spending the money on beer, playboy, pringles, cheese or a lotto scratch-card,  all immeasureably more value than these guitars!

Well then, seems it was a good purchase :D

There absolutely junk I would recommend spending the money on beer, playboy, pringles, cheese or a lotto scratch-card,  all immeasureably more value than these guitars!

Well then, seems it was a good purchase :D

I guess in financial terms aye, the pain of playing it and the god-awful tone that came out of the amp is definitly not worth it ;-)

I guess it all depends. There are some objective things that make guitars bad, (lack of) quality is one of them. I mean, if crap starts falling off when you touch it, or the nut is cut incorrectly, or all the pots are crap. That's easy to define as "bad." But when people start saying stuff like, "they all sound terrible," or "they play like crap," well, that's subjective and should be taken what it's worth.

Personally I have a bias towards cheap guitars, because I'm never afraid to drop a cheap guitar. Plus, my three best playing guitars combined cost roughly half what my worst playing guitar cost new, and I'd put two of them up against anything you've got, tonally. So, I've had good experience with them.

But that's just me, your mileage may vary.

I guess it all depends.  There are some objective things that make guitars bad, (lack of) quality is one of them.  I mean, if crap starts falling off when you touch it, or the nut is cut incorrectly, or all the pots are crap.  That's easy to define as "bad."  But when people start saying stuff like, "they all sound terrible," or "they play like crap," well, that's subjective and should be taken what it's worth.

Personally I have a bias towards cheap guitars, because I'm never afraid to drop a cheap guitar.  Plus, my three best playing guitars combined cost roughly half what my worst playing guitar cost new, and I'd put two of them up against anything you've got, tonally.  So, I've had good experience with them.

But that's just me, your mileage may vary.

Well the nut was in pretty poor shape, it was actually glued in at an angle and still had glue lines down the side, the pocket was still rough and wasn't straight, and the jack plug made a buzzing noise - so I think it can quite rightly be labelled as junk.

Well the nut was in pretty poor shape, it was actually glued in at an angle and still had glue lines down the side, the pocket was still rough and wasn't straight, and the jack plug made a buzzing noise - so I think it can quite rightly be labelled as junk.

All things that You can fix!!! Does nobody buy a junk guitar to practice on any more? I enjoy taking A pice of crap and Fixing it and reworking it to make it in to something better, It's fun, it keep's my skills fresh, it allows me to try ney things with out fear

All things that You can fix!!! Does nobody buy a junk guitar to practice on any more? I enjoy taking A pice of crap and Fixing it and reworking it to make it in to something better, It's fun, it keep's my skills fresh, it allows me to try ney things with out fear

I have to agree with you there Matt. I have a couple of cheapy guitars which i pulled apart then rebuilt, just for experience on how things work.