Rawhide!

Drak

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is perfectly fine, I'm just putting clear coats on it as time and weather permit, and gathering a collection of sweet hardware choices for it.

One item at a time, each item carefully thought about and picked over, because I build guitars, I don't build paint jobs and slap a bunch of cheap crap on them and call them done, the hardware decisions are as carefully thought out as the finish colors are, because my aim is to build a GUITAR that I will be drawn to like a moth to the flame, I want to see that guitar and RUN to grab and play it I like it SO much, and a guitar like that, a guitar that I will want to play 15 years from now as much as I do the day it's done ...is much, much more than just a nice paint job. :D

With Drak, no news is good news, cuz you know what news it COULD be, right?

:D:DB)

News Flash

Head lines today read

:D "Local guitar builder after creating countless Tele's, all being equally stunning and attractive, developed an anurasim and his head burst open like an erupting vulcano. On lookers that witnessed the spectacle said it was almost like a moth was being drawn to numerous flames and could not decide which to go to. Others said that it was the pressure of choosing which one to play that killed him. It is rumored that this loss will be greatly missed." B)

What, it could happen! :D

Edited by Cyclone

Out of all the bodies you've seen me build, I honestly think that this one is going to be one of the very best that I was/am capable of building, it's coming together really well, and I'm glad you're holding your opinion until it's done, because I truly think that it's going to do nothing but get better and better with each additional step.

I got a really good vibe on this one fellas.

Gorecki, you watching this? :D

(just messin' with ya!) B)

...Gorecki sez he hasn't seen me finish a single guitar since he's been a member, so I owe him a damn completed, fully functional, pre-amp boosted, vintage Tele vixen, arse-rippin', bar-stompin', hog-mawlin', crab-crawlin', boot-scootin', beer-swillin', possum-taterin', barn-burnin', back-scratchin', feet-r-itchin', duck-pluckin', cat-scratch-cluckin' RAWHIDE GEE-TAR!. :D

As they say in the beer commercials, 'This One's For You' !!

...I just recieved 4 STAMPED STEEL FENDER Telecaster bridgeplates today, GOLD PLATED.

YEAH BABY! :DB)

This guitar will be the happy recepient of one of those, along with a set of Glendale compensated-saddle vintage 2-on-a-string saddle sets, locking tuners, and well, some other goodies I can't discuss quite yet.

Gurh-Shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Drak

I love your choice of woods for the tele's, but i've not so far seen guitars of a different body shape, out of curiosity what other guitar-types have you built, or are you a strict tele guy?

This is a genuine question by the way, not a dig at all, just interested to see what other gems you've given birth too.

I don't see how one would possibly think that after 11 years of building guitars that I would be building nothing but Telecasters......that simply makes no sense, I think you are just new here and have no real course of my journies thru the time-space warp-platitudes...

Let's see. Out of 22 present-and-accounted-for bodies here, I will give you THE DRILL:

(5) Gibson ES-225 styled guitar bodies

(6) Telecasters

(4) Mantis bodies

(1) Europha body

(1) Les Paul body

(2) Drak bodies

(3) Rhoads V bodies

OK?

PS, please do not ask for pics of them, I will not hijack my own thread for that purpose alone. :D:DB)

Those are the ones under construction right now. I won't bother to mention the completed guitars or the projects that came before them for 10 years previously, and I ask you to please not disrupt my thread of this guitar with more questions about other guitars.

Can You Dig It Baby?

...and you are posting this ridiculous BS in my thread for exactly what reason?

Keep the thread on-course or don't post or start another thread or just PM me, don't ruin this thread, you know and understand the rules I imagine...

Edited by bluespresence

Gorecki, you watching this?

(just messin' with ya!)  B)

...Gorecki sez he hasn't seen me finish a single guitar since he's been a member, so I owe him a damn completed, fully functional, pre-amp boosted, vintage Tele vixen, arse-rippin', bar-stompin', hog-mawlin', crab-crawlin', boot-scootin', beer-swillin', possum-taterin', barn-burnin', back-scratchin', feet-r-itchin', duck-pluckin', cat-scratch-cluckin'  RAWHIDE GEE-TAR!.  :D

As they say in the beer commercials, 'This One's For You' !!

YEEEEEHAWWWW!!!!! (where's a bullwhip emoticon when you need one)

I watched the blues bothers movies just the other night and still listen to the sound track now and again, all my girls sing along with Rawhide when it comes on. :D

This thing and the 30 day quilt are making me think about WOD'ing my unfinished parts tele because it's starting to look lower on the food chain than a Fender Affinity in comparison, but I won't because that would be like telling a student learning arpeggio's to quit quitar because they're not perfect on the first try and taking too long to get grasp of.

So you go!...and don't forget the cheap sunglasses! B)

Can't wait! (whack) Ya! (whack) :D