Zipper Cherry

Oh, I didn't even see the ltd. I read both descriptions; they're identical. So what warrants the 150% price increase on the esp? Certainly not the name I hope.

it's made at the japan custom shop...higher tolerances,etc...

same things that differntiate a jackson usa from a jackson import.

it's just the difference between a "true" top of the line instrument and a mass produced guitar,really.some don't see the differences as anything worth the extra money..some do.chances are that YOU could tell the difference...since you are a builder..but maybe not.

Well jazzclub's guitr design is alot like that axxion his shape is biger and rounder but there alike :D However I hate the axxion i dont hate jazzclub's :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Nice work jazzclub,

I have a couple of questions about the carve (I want to learn from your success).

Could you tell us more about the "rotoflex" you used to make the carve? Any weblinks about it or where to get it?

What were the steps you took to do the carve. Did you do a "topographical map" or just go by eye? How long did the carve take you?

How thick is the carve (i.e. what is the height between the top of the body to the top of the binding)?

Many thanks,

Brian.

This is the best looking guitar I see in here since a VERY long time in my opinion. It's the first time I see a custom body shape here that makes want to steal the idea(no fear I wont do that....hehe). The finish looks very cool as well. Sure there are some small details I dont really like....ie the cavity covers, but the basic design is a classic. Did you invent that shape?

Some questions:

1. Was the finish sprayed from a can or via a real gun? Can you really not remeber the brand?

2. Did you build the neck? Looks like it's taken from another guitar....

1. I used an electric gun. Sound awfull! I don't recommend it for anyone.

2. You're very right. The neck was taken from an old ***** guitar called Sledgehammer. But it was restaured complitely.

ADMIN EDIT:

Swearing is not allowed on this forum.

Please re-read the rules on the main site and here in the Announcments area if you have questions.

Consider this your first warning.

Nice work jazzclub,

I have a couple of questions about the carve (I want to learn from your success).

Could you tell us more about the "rotoflex" you used to make the carve?  Any weblinks about it or where to get it?

What were the steps you took to do the carve.  Did you do a "topographical map" or just go by eye?  How long did the carve take you?

How thick is the carve (i.e. what is the height between the top of the body to the top of the binding)?

Many thanks,

Brian.

You know the shop TV, the tv program that sells any useless stuff ("and if you buy this product in the next seven days, you'll get even more useless stuff for free"). The rotoflex was advertised in that program, but I bougth it from a local store, in Finland of course. Rotoflex is a clamp that is attached to a drill and you can change different kind of discs from sanding to buffer to the clamp (good english isn't it). The discs are kind of stickers. I don't know any links to Rotoflex and I don't think that it's manufactured anymore.

And now my favourite part of building a guitar: carving. I deffinitely went by eye. And I slided my fingers and palm on the surface to find the bad spots. I did the whole carving by sanding. Usually when I get to the point of carving the guitar, I can't stop it. I just have to do it as long as it's good. It can take 5 or 6 hours to get the carving right.

The carving is about 7mm thick.

When you used the rotoflex, did you have the shaft locked or left flexible?  I found a similar device, but the shaft is stiff....no option for the flex.

I left the Rotoflex flexible, because when it's locked it jumps off the surface easier. When it's flexible, you can control the sanding better.

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd necro this post cause it's one of the more original looking guitars I've seen around here.

I generally like traditional guitar shapes but this one flows nicely and looks pretty unique.

I'm sure there are other guitars similar but I like how this was done.

Cool body shape & headstock.

My only worthless critique would be to have the pickup routes just a bit cleaner, sharper but still a nice guitar.

Hi,

I got a piece of visakoivu(curly birch) from Finland as a christmass gift recently, let's see if I can make anything out of it comparable with your's. It's not wide enough, I hate to be having to put some other wood in the middle of the bookmatch to complement the width. Great design and very nice carve, the color is great. What kind of music do you make?

• 2 months later...

This looks so similar to something I built a while back. Elongate the top/rear bout and make the curve on the iceman horn a little sharper and I swear its identical. VV nice guitar BTW, yours is way better than mine!