Finally Finished 1st Project

OK,

Some of you may remember this one from an earlier post I did showing the test fitting of parts.

Well after 9 months of planning and building it's just about done. Just some fret work and thats it. It plays pretty well right out of the box, but some of the frets need leveling. Sounds good too; very vintage strat like (duh) with a little more edge. Two piece Alder body, GFS vintage premium pickups, hardtail bridge from Guitar Parts Resource. Wired like a Tele with 4 position switch (includes N + B in series) and a push-pull switch on the tone control that turns on the middle pickup at any time. Color is Vintage Cream from Reranch.

It is far from perfect. I made alot of mistakes and some still show; but I learned alot.

I would like to thank everyone at Project Guitar for their contributions to my project. The help I received here has been invaluable; I could not have made it through with out it.

Thanks, Rob.

Click on the photos to enlarge them

th_fullview_door.jpg

th_frontangle_chair.jpg

th_fullview_floor.jpg

th_frontangle2_floor.jpg

th_frontangle_floor.jpg

th_backfull_floor.jpg

th_frontangle2_door.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments.

No construction pics - I had enough to do just trying to make it. I'm kinda slow sometimes. Maybe the next one.

I like the vintage look so thats what I went for. My wife couldn't believe that after all that time and effort it looked "kind of plain and unexciting"... oh well. Rob.

Hey Cool I rember this now!! it looks great but I thought it was done last time B)

Good stuff man :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Thanks again!

The Ghostcaster? Thats pretty good. I don't think I've ever seen an Ibanez Ghostrider.

Unfortunately I cannot take any credit( or blame?) for the neck. It's a licensed by Fender unit from WD. Inexpensive, but the frets needed some work to make it play well. This being my first attempt I did not want to try to make a neck. I'm working on some drawings for a neck that I can make for my next build.

The finishing was by far the hardest and most time consumming part for me. I even had to sand it down to bare wood after sealing and priming because I used a primer that was incompatible with my color paint. Read the labels carefuly!

GOTM? I don't think so. Too many incredible builders here; putting out some fantastic instruments. RD.

Edited by ROCKETROB