Guitar Shred Show

bigdguitars

Wow this site is sick..... The animation I mean.... I took Flash in highshool for 2 years now and hell I have trouble getting guys to walk good..... let alone solo like that...

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, I don't get it. Your tab isn't aligned properly in the TrueType font that the forum uses.

If you type {code} before the 'tab' and then {/code} after, replacing the curly brackets with square ones, you'll be able to format in monotype.

Greg

Nah, I don't get it.  Your tab isn't aligned properly in the TrueType font that the forum uses.

If you type {code} before the 'tab' and then {/code} after, replacing the curly brackets with square ones,  you'll be able to format in monotype.

Greg

I'll just explain it using a system i know.

It's called the number system . So if i say 6.1 it means 6th string 1st fret. The lick is basically played using alternate picking and involves 3 note per string +1 more note after crossing over to another string.(the famous paul gilbert exercise?)

3.5-3.7-3.8-2.5

those are the 4 notes. The lick/pattern is

3.5-3.7-3.8-2.5-3.8-3.7..and repeat.

after you get that the second time you play this you just replace 2.5 with 1.5 so you end up skipping two strings. You could even add and start on 4.7 which is the note A and then play uptil 3.8 using legato and back to A-- and legato back/continue on to 2.5 and then back to A and legato/continue on back to 1.5 etc. Just these notes with string skipping and keeping 3.5-3.7-(3.8) as the center for the idea you can use various techniques and really use this idea.Obv when you use leagato you pick the first note of every new string only. But when you pick 1.5 and 2.5 you really gotta whack em and make them stand out from 3.5-3.7-(3.8). You gotta basically ROLL 3.5-3.7-3.8 and whack the ones i mentioned.

I first got this of Gilbert in some guitar clinic in seoul videos i downloaded. Really cool. Obv i can't play it Yet. but still groovy. It goes well with the string skipped dimini arp and then you can just throw in 3.8 and go bluesy..heres the dimini arp..

3.5-3.8-1.5-1.8 YOu can obv sequence it any way you like but those are the notes.

I hope you understood what i meant. :D

Bomber-

The standard way to post tablature on most forums is by using the "CODE" tag, like this:

(code)

^ h ^ ----- ^ h vS p v ------ v p v p

e |-------------5-9-12-9---------------------|

B |-----------5----------10------------------|

G |---------6---------------9----------------|

D |-------7-------------------11-------------|

A |-----7------------------------12-7--------|

E |-5-9-------------------------------9-5----|

(/code)

If you change the parenthesis in the tags to brackets, it'll show up nice and clean, like this:

^ h ^ ----- ^ h vS p v ------ v p v p

e |-------------5-9-12-9---------------------|

B |-----------5----------10------------------|

G |---------6---------------9----------------|

D |-------7-------------------11-------------|

A |-----7------------------------12-7--------|

E |-5-9-------------------------------9-5----|

Although your numbers method isn't terrible, it's not as well known as regular TAB.

e-------------------------5----

b--------5---------------------

g-5-7-8---8-7----5-7-8---8-7

e------8--11---

b---10------10-

g-9------------9

e------5-8

b----------

g-5-8-----

The first is alternate picked in 4's or 6's either way.

The second is 3 down 3 up using sweep and the last is your wish.

Pretty darn hip.

:D

Edited by bombershredder