The SpeedLoader Tremolo offers all the versatility of the

original Floyd Rose Tremolo™ with the ease and performance

of the SpeedLoader System. You can still execute the most

subtle tremolo or wildest dive-bombing effects and return to

perfect tuning every time. The SpeedLoader tremolo also

features the new Floyd Rose TremStopper that

enables the player to block the tremolo

system with a simple turn of a screw

No tremstopper on the original. itd be kinda cool..would it be possible to understand what and how the tremstoppers stopping on the speedloader and then experimenting with making it on any other cheap floyd rose copy and using it for yourself at home and not marketing it.. :D ..

also is it possible to make a splut floating bridge like the one steve vai has on one of hisguitars..preferably for an 8 stringer..?

no?

Q- Will the Tremol-No™ fit on any/all guitars?

A- The Tremol-No™ will work on almost every tremolo equipped guitar built since 1954. The rule of thumb is: If you've got 2, 3, 4 or 5 springs in the back of your guitar, you can probably install a Tremol-No™ in it.

If you have questions about a certain trem, or something that's non-standard, please feel free to contact us. Include front and back pictures of the guitar and of the tremolo unit.

The only kind of trems that I could imagine it not working on would be a guitar with no rear tremelo cavity(ie bigsbies, jaguars, etc)

Edited by thegarehanman

The Tremol-No will work on about 98% of the trems out there today. There are only a VERY FEW exceptions, aside from the obvious ones (Bigsby, Steinberger, Wonderbar, etc).

If you're looking for a FR TremStopper for your guitar, check the hardware department at HomeDepot.

For $0.99 you can pick up a 2-pack of small zinc L-brackets. Another $0.49 for a 4-pack of wood screws.

Yours won't be chrome, but....it's basically the same thing.

Well, you can't buy a Tremol-No quite yet, but you will be able to in a few weeks. A little patience and you'll be a happy camper.

also is it possible to make a splut floating bridge like the one steve vai has on one of hisguitars..preferably for an 8 stringer..?
I forgot to answer this one.

Yes, and no.

Yes- it is possible. With some serious engineering and machine work, you *could* have an 8-string, split trem built. It'd probably cost you more than a new Kia, but it could be done.

The other big stumbling block for that projects would be that no one makes an 8-string trem.

Yet.

hmm a tremol no would be a complete waste if i can get a tremolo with an on and off switch. But what i still dont understand is why Floyd Rose would put it ONLY on a speedloader.

How would i go about making a 6/7/8/ custom tremolo bridge if i find out what i need to do for it(i have no clue) how much would it cost? and how much would it cost to set up a home-ish shop for making custom bridges.. considering setting up your guitar workshop is now SO easy with so many resoursec and so much information.

If you want to build floyd rose copies with on/off switches...well you'd better plan on spending some serious $. This is a pretty unrealistic idea, unless you were to buy all of the saddles and misc. floyd parts, two trem blocks(so you could cut them up and weld them together to make an 8 string block), and bend the base plate by hand. You still would have a lot of machining to do and it might not turn out accurate enough to even work well. This task requires a lot more accuracy and forethought; that said, if you plan on actually building one, start reading about floyds and studying every screw and washer of their anatomy.

peace,

russ

If you want to build floyd rose copies with on/off switches...well you'd better plan on spending some serious $. This is a pretty unrealistic idea, unless you were to buy all of the saddles and misc. floyd parts, two trem blocks(so you could cut them up and weld them together to make an 8 string block), and bend the base plate by hand. You still would have a lot of machining to do and it might not turn out accurate enough to even work well. This task requires a lot more accuracy and forethought; that said, if you plan on actually building one, start reading about floyds and studying every screw and washer of their anatomy.

peace,

russ

i guess its not practicle/

...and that's very, very likely. I am definitely not a tremolo man. I'm probably putting a stetsbar on my next project, but that's as far as I care to take it. To be honest, I've never really torn appart a Floyd; that's not to say that I'd ever feel the urge to anyhow. None the less, everything I said is valid, besides the washer part I suppose :D . By the way, has the "first thing" "gone" yet? If so, you seem to be coping quite well. :D

Edited by thegarehanman

there aren't?

So tremolos are made out of what?..iron..steel..? im guessing prob the know how will be a pain..and the machinery will be quite expensive..who knows maybe i come up with something unique and different.. it might not be AS practicle as making a guitar where you're just messing around with wood which is comparatively easier to..um change the shape of..but im sure theres not MUCH of a difference and with a little practice on some cheap copies and what not dont you think its possible..maybe there are things i dont know and when and if i do take it up i might just realise ..hey..this aint possible its too expensive! and also maybe itll take TOO MUCH TIME UP..but i guess its kinda worth having an eight..custom with a split tremolo..to me atleast better than having a fixed bridge!

But to what i am aware of right now.. man.. someones already done all of the work..i just have to study their work and expand on it.. not like im gonna sell the product its just for my use and theres always a possibility of coming up with something thats totally original.. :D ..and i might be allowed to gig with it..cause there are some leal issues which ill look into.. but even after that guess itall comes down to how much its gonna cost and how much time its gonna take... mand its actually worth it.. so what are bridges made of steel..iron? ..wool?.. :D

Edited by bombershredder

Even if you did a one-off just for yourself, I'd expect a C&D letter from the guys who make the 'Double Whammy'.

My suggestion to you would be: Reading. Lots and lots of reading.

I'll get ya started....

-Tremolo systems are made from a variety of metals. Everything from Titanium to Brass to Zinc to pot metal.

-Some use cast parts; others will use extruded or machined parts. Some (like Joe Driskill's) don't even have parts! His are one-piece! Crazy stuff.

Ok, now go read more.

Lots more.

www.google.com

(And do me one favor: Work on the spelling/grammar a little.

Thanks.)