G3 Confirmed

Scott Rosenberger

And as far as Yngwie Malmsteen goes.. It would be a great show... Even though Malmsteen might not be the friendliest person in the world.. you do however have to give him credit, for developing his style that was completely different from anyones... Sure, all his songs might sound the same and his licks might be too fast all the time.. but he is one of the best guitar players out there.. you got to give him credit for that at least... Now if he'd just just learn some people skills.. lol

So your saying you can play better? Or just don't like his style? I find it really hard to believe that you wouldn't even consider him good at what he does.. you may not like it. I personally don't care for Nascar, but I respect what they do and can appreciate the fact that they worked hard to be able to excell at what they do. No, I don't listen to Yngwie everyday, I'd rather listen to Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van or Jimmy Page, but I still can appreciate Yngwie for what he has accomplished. Let's just say I've heard worse guitar players.. lol..

Matt

P.S. This post wasn't meant to make anyone mad.. just to make you think...

Guest AlexVDL

Listen to Frank Gambale or Vinnie Moore etc.... maybe they play a bit less fast as yngwie does but.... a big BUT... Yngwie plays just a couple of scales :D

Other great guitarists like Satriani, Vai, Vinnie moore etc can play lots more scales, so they can play with much more variety. If I play the same 5 scales for 20 years I would be as fast as Yngwie too B)

You're right when you say Yngwie is great in what he does! But compared to other guitarists IMO variety in chords and scales wins it over mega fast playing!

Besides, IMO Vinnie moore is as fast as Yngwie, but a whole lot clearer. Listen to Yngwie live, his playing is a bit messy sometimes, but Vinnie plays with such perfection and a very clean tone :D

Besides, IMO Vinnie moore is as fast as Yngwie, but a whole lot clearer. Listen to Yngwie live, his playing is a bit messy sometimes, but Vinnie plays with such perfection and a very clean tone :D

Seriously!!!!! vinnie sounds the same, if not better live, just cause he's actually good, and he has such a simple "rig" if u can even call it that..... Puckets of skill ->Sweet guitar->Marshall head -> boss delay ->4 speakers.... and i think he had a crybaby for one song... but still i mean, that's got to be the simplest rig i've ever seen for a player that good..

If you look at it like people who has a great influence on guitarist.. you'd think Jimi Hendrix, simply because he did things unheard of previously.. he was a trend setter... same as Eddie Van Halen.. everyone sounded like him after he came out... and I think Malmsteen is in the same category... after he came out arpeggios, sweeps, harmonic minor scale, was the norm... so what I'm saying is that if not for Malmsteen there might not have been a Vinnie Moore.. at least with the same style.. sure everyone imitates guitarist to some extent.. it's just that some are trend setters.. others are trend followers... look at Nirvana.. bands still sound them today... geez I hope someone with a new idea comes out soon.. at least learn to sing a little bit different from Kurt.. no offense..

Guest AlexVDL
so what I'm saying is that if not for Malmsteen there might not have been a Vinnie Moore.. at least with the same style.. sure everyone imitates guitarist to some extent.. it's just that some are trend setters.. others are trend followers... look at Nirvana.. bands still sound them today... geez I hope someone with a new idea comes out soon.. at least learn to sing a little bit different from Kurt.. no offense..

Sorry but that's so untrue IMO! :D

Setting a trend doesn't make you a great guitarist! Jimi and malmsteen were the first "famous" people who set the trend. But who says there weren't other guitarist which were doing the same thing at home in their bedrooms??

Sure they inspirate people. But when I see or hear someone play awefull, I get inspirated to play better! Inspirating people don't make you a great guitarist. Hendrix had some cool licks, but overall he sounded like crap in my humble opinion. Sure he was the first to do such weird new things on the guitar, and he inspired worlds best guitarists, but that does not mean it was great sounding or actually good wat he was doing.

Again I'm not saying Hendrix and malmsteen etc are bad guitar players, but all I'm saying is what's all the fuzz about these guitarists, they're being like GOD and saying they're the best guitarists ever??? :D

Fender was the first company to use a bolt-on neck on their guitars, does that make them the best guitars in the world? What about all the others that use the same design later on???

BTW Nirvana was not original, there were lots of punk band that sounded the same in the 70's and 80's B)

:D

Hey guy's

Don't go overboard. It's not worth it.

It's all a mather of taste (or opinion)

I'm a great fan of Yngwie and yes, he repeat's himself. But I like it. It's his style. Vinnie Moore, absolutely love it. Ever seen (or just heard) his famous Cola commercial?

All I'm trying to say is that it is a good thing to have different opinions but don't let it stand in the way of a good relation.

:DB):D

I liked Yngwie back in the day...not so much anymore. I will however be going to G3 no matter who is playing simply because Joe is the best damn guitarist in the world. His tone is beautiful in every song, he plays with feeling as well as insane skill. He goes out and has a great time rockin...that's what it's all about.

:D

jimi got alot of his licks from chuck berry.and i'm with alex on jimi.i think he is incredibly sloppy.but i do like his bluesier stuff.as far as yngwie goes i am not impressed.musicality goes farther than speed,just as alex said.you might be surprised at the speed of other guitarists who are not known for their speed.and sweep picking is the easiest way to put alot of notes in a small space.if you want sweep picking listen to trey azagthoth.but alex and the others are right.yngwie has no versatility.all flash and no substance.(in my opinion)

joe satriani is the master.he can put more expression into one note than most guitarists can in a whole lick.plus he is incredibly fast when he needs to be.it's all about the music not the ego.

Guest AlexVDL
Hey guy's

Don't go overboard. It's not worth it.

It's all a mather of taste (or opinion)

I'm a great fan of Yngwie and yes, he repeat's himself. But I like it. It's his style. Vinnie Moore, absolutely love it. Ever seen (or just heard) his famous Cola commercial?

All I'm trying to say is that it is a good thing to have different opinions but don't let it stand in the way of a good relation.

:DB):D

I know it's just a matter of opinion, but I just wanted to explain that because for instance Joe Satriani was inspired by Hendrix, it doesn't mean that hendrix is super great and God himself.

If you say I love hendrix's or Yngwie's music, OK, that your opinion! But please do not come with that bull about he was the first, he's a pioneer, he invented all those weird sounds etc bla bla bla so he's the best guitarist :D

I vote for a reunion of The Guitar Trio; Paco De Lucia, Al Dimeola and John McLaughlin :D

I guess your misunderstanding me.. I never said that any guitarist was a god or should be idolized as one.. I'm not saying they are Gods by no means.. I'm saying there are some that come along that heavily influences guitarist styles.. that's all i'm saying.. that doesn't mean you was.. I'm just saying they influenced the majority of the guitar community.. Chuck Berry is also another one... and he copied T Bone Walker to some extent.. yes.. read my other post where i said "sure everyone imitates guitarist to some extent" ... what I was getting at was that some people flat out copy other people and don't even try to expand on it and find there own voice.. That's why the band Bush wasn't my cup of tea.. sounded too much like Kurt singing..

That being said.. please chill out .. because all I was getting at.. is that even though you may not like someones style.. at least have respect for what they are doing, because believe it or not you can learn something from everyone you listen to...

Matt

ps. my last post on this subject.. because it's getting old.. lol

So your saying you can play better? Or just don't like his style? I find it really hard to believe that you wouldn't even consider him good at what he does.. you may not like it. I personally don't care for Nascar, but I respect what they do and can appreciate the fact that they worked hard to be able to excell at what they do. No, I don't listen to Yngwie everyday, I'd rather listen to Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van or Jimmy Page, but I still can appreciate Yngwie for what he has accomplished. Let's just say I've heard worse guitar players.. lol..

Matt

P.S. This post wasn't meant to make anyone mad.. just to make you think...

i simply said that it's your opinion that he's one of the best in the world,

in my opinion he's not because he doesn't do enough for me

speed and technical skills are great but are weak unless backed up by feel, emotion and musicality(not saying he doesn't have that but that when i hear it, it doesn't shine through IMO)

PS: nothing wrong with good hard conversation

PPS:Hendrix rules!!! :D

Guest AlexVDL
I guess your misunderstanding me.. I never said that any guitarist was a god or should be idolized as one.. I'm not saying they are Gods by no means.. I'm saying there are some that come along that heavily influences guitarist styles.. that's all i'm saying.. that doesn't mean you was.. I'm just saying they influenced the majority of the guitar community.. Chuck Berry is also another one... and he copied T Bone Walker to some extent.. yes.. read my other post where i said "sure everyone imitates guitarist to some extent" ... what I was getting at was that some people flat out copy other people and don't even try to expand on it and find there own voice.. That's why the band Bush wasn't my cup of tea.. sounded too much like Kurt singing..

That being said.. please chill out .. because all I was getting at.. is that even though you may not like someones style.. at least have respect for what they are doing, because believe it or not you can learn something from everyone you listen to...

That's not what I said, and I was not talking about you. I was talking about all those people who always say that for instance hendrix is the best guitar player because he started it all... I just wanted to make a point that that is wrong thinking. I didn't want to insult you or something, sorry bro B)

I never said Jimi was a bad guitarist, all I said the most of his stuff sounds crap to me, and I mean the "Live" stuff. The studio recordings aren't bad at all, but it's not my kinda music :D

My biggest point in the above posts is that you say "they influenced the majority of the guitar community". That's very true, but lots of people say that because of this they're the best guitarists in the world, and this is where they are wrong in my opinion :D

Damn this is the wrong thread, maybe we should take it to the soap box stand??

P.S.

is that even though you may not like someones style.. at least have respect for what they are doing, because believe it or not you can learn something from everyone you listen to...

I love all kinds of music, and I respect every one of them and their musicians. From latin to reggae and metal to classic. I would never disrespect anybody who tries to make music! And sure, I have learnt much from other musicians and I still learn more. :D

"Please! Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who is better than who. We are here today to witness the union of three guitarists in the joyful bond of the holy rock. Unfortunately, one of them, Yngwie Malmsteen, is just not as good as the rest." :D

Taken very loosely from Monty Python and The Holy Grail, scene 17 - The Dead Prince. B)