G3 Confirmed

Scott Rosenberger

Yngwie

taken from satriani.com

G3 show leaked!

Yep, the Humphrey's show in San Diego got leaked and let the cat out of the bag a bit early. So, yes, Yngwie is the third "G" this year joining Joe and Steve Vai. The rest of the dates will be announced in the coming days. Also, a short-cut to the G3 tour page is available by going to http://www.g3tour.com

2 out of 3 aint bad :D

I dont like Yngwie

ya, vinnie's a cool guy, i had the chance to meet him (shook his hand and acted like a tool) when he played a Q&A show up here in halifax

but i liked eric johnson (the tone god) on the last tour... him with the other 2 was just perfect.

Guest AlexVDL
Maybe we could sneek in and replace Yngwie with tsl602000, think they would notice :D Then we could have our own rep on the tour!

HAHAHAHAHAH yeah ofcourse you would hear a difference, Coen plays the guitar far better than Yngwie!! :DB):D

i bet yngwie will either, tone back his attitude a lil because of who he's playing next to (satch and vai) or, they will have to end the tour approx. 1/3 of the way through.

Im definitely not a fan of what he says, but I've got to admit that I think his playing is amazing. (can get a little boring once in a while, how much of those super fast arpeggios can one guy take?)

i really don't see yngwie's style being well rounded enough (unlike his hot air ballon head) to play along side vai and satch, i mean the guy's really at what he does, but not incredibly versitile, i'm suprised he didn't start playing slower to make it look like he knew more then just those 5 sweeps and arps... :D either way, should be fun to watch vai play circles around him, and still look like the better man.

wow, uh so you guys don't like yngwie. i think he rules, he is simply a phenominal player. lots of great musicians are A-holes, but music is music.

i think PG would be good also, but his solo stuff isn't really along the same lines as the G3 thing. RACERX would be great, but that would be G4.

i am psyched to see yngwie up there, i can't wait to see the jam session!! those guys are going to rock together B):D

yngwie is a great player but a very repetitive player and IMHO not a good songwriter

being an asshole doesn't help his image either

i think paul gilbert could do the G3 thing easy, just because he hasn't released that sort of solo stuff doesn't mean he couldn't

would you say yngwie has released anything along the same lines as G3?

:D

don't forget PG is very educated in musicality

I drove all the way to Austin, Texas to see the G3 show which featured John Petrucci, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani... It was worth it because as a suprise they said," it's just not right to be in someones town and not invite this guy to the party".. and out came Eric Johnson.. I was really suprised.. they played Redhouse and it was awesome... I tell ya.. all of them was great but Eric Johnson was so dang smooth.. his tone also cut through great.. which they all had a great tone.. just Eric's tone was very cleaner.. distorted but clean.. lol... I should have been in Houston like 2 days before because one dude said that they invited Billy Gibbons to play that show.. and they said it was awesome also...