Two Designs Of Mine

OK, here are two designs of mine, the one on the left is the Retroid and the one on the right is the Pilot the retroid is named for its 60's guitar influences and the pilots name comes from the two guitars it is made after an airline and the ice man, an "airman" AKA a pilot. :D tell me what you think of them, i realize the retroid looks like a vertigo but i designed it before i had ever heard of or seen a vertigo, or fernandes for that matter

pilotandretroid.png

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d69/RG1570/Pilot.png

Edited by Nitefly SA

I drew the line at geometry, I think (been close to 20 years). Well, I was always very bad at math, but somehow made it up to Geometry 2, in the 12th grade. They started those problems where you have to "prove stuff", or however that went. I said "forget this ", and since it was the last class in the day, I stopped going and went home early everyday and played guitar and started learning guitar repair.

I still managed to get my diploma, and then even went to a major university for a short period (until it started to feel like going to a geometry class, LOL ! )

i didnt even see that, i'll fix it. I'm not really a math person either i get the stuff i need to though after that my mind realizes how worthless it is and stops taking in information, i get stuck with the worst teachers. algebra 1 and 2 i failed both MISERABLY retook them in summer school got a B in algebra 1 and a C in algebra 2a i am now taking 2a again and failing, my teacher always talks about his boats and how cool space travel is. he is a terrible teacher. and he has a combover (thats not foolin anybody!)

PS. one day we had a sub and he had a combover too, is it some sort of algebra teacher code that the male teachers have to have combovers?

Edited by Nitefly SA

WOW, those clases at 12th.... I wish!!! I took al the basics, Geometrys, Algebras, and Pre Calculus from 9th-11th and Calculus the 1st semester of 12th. After that we were done with math. And all my teachers were femele! But my worst one (but the best math teacher I have ever seen) was a 4'7" 50yr old nun from Cataluna, Spain. She could explain everything so clear! I'm glad at that base (she teach me from 4-7th grade) after this math was a breeze, I always got a's or b's.

Back to the guitars. I like the Pilot, it resembles a lot an Iceman (as you mentioned) , but with the bass cutaway like the Washburn Idol. Very nice lines on the other too, but not my style.

...its not true, ive learned everything i am going to use in life as far as algebra goes...
That's true - if you don't learn it, you dang sure can't use it later! :D And I use roots fairly often - for instance, the 12th root of 2 is the frequency increase or decrease of a semitone in equal temperament, so it's directly related to fret placement, among other things - not to mention trigonometry for figuring distances from angles (and vice versa), geometry for figuring surface areas and volumes, and so on. And I sincerely regret not getting a firm grasp on calculus at an early age, because I struggle with it to this day! But that's just me... :D You may have totally different life goals!

some people get math and some dont , i think its a genetic thing, my dad doesnt get it either. and about the pilot design, that upper "half cutaway" is actually taken from this airline pilotinsp.jpg

maiden69-i am a Sophomore. my school only requires 2 years of math to graduate thank god.

PS- the pickguard congifuration was also taken from this model.

Edited by Nitefly SA

Ive never been a big fan of lots and lots of knobs and controls on any guitar, but that retroid design you have there really looks great. Keep up the good work man. :D

...ah, simpler times...

:D Or to quote Anthony Newley, "...And children were working in coal mines, and life was a beautiful thing..." - I have no wish to return to the simpler times of crank telephones, hurricane lamps, outdoor plumbing and intimate association with livestock as the most effective means of transportation. Besides, no Rock'n'Roll, no TV, no video games, no Internet... what's good about that? :D

Calculus for tangent? How does that work?

Man, it's so easy, it's ridiculous. You'll kick yourself for using the pythagrian theorum and trig identities. All you do is take the derivitive of the function(some sort of curved line in this case) and plug the coordinants of your point into it to get the slope. Then you use the slope you've just found and the coordinants to write up an equation in point slope form. And there you have it. Doesn't work so well if you don't have the equation of the original line(not that it couldn't be figured out), but if you do, man is it a piece of cake.

peace,

russ

Edited by thegarehanman