Guitar Hero Game

Guitarfrenzy

I found this new game by accident.  It's called Guitar Hero and here is the link...

Pretty cool game it looks like, but I think I'll stick to playing a real guitar.. lol

Man, they'll release anything on a Playstation these days.

"Unleash hellish rock death upon your foes at the touch of the whammy bar." ...hello, doesn't that sound a little kinky? :D

Wow someone really ripped off guitar freaks. When my brother went to japan a few years back he brought home this game called guitar freaks that was made by konami and it was an only in japan type thing. The game was actually really fun, you had a mock guitar with three colored buttons that you pushed down and it was like dance dance revolution where arrows would come up the screen but instead of arrows it was little colored markers and when it go to a certain point you'd press down the corrisponding color and press down a little bar thing that was called the strummer. The cool thing about the game was all the music was actually made by a dude playing guitar. So when u played a song it sounded like u were actually playing guitar and not a synth gutiar or something computer made. I still have the game and two guitars i can take pics of u guys want, to tell u the truth it game is actually hella adicting and fun. In all honesty i think im going to pick this up because its something im so familar with and i work at a game store so i get 15 percent off :D

Edit: just looked at the website they have some really cool tracks on this, im definitly gonna pick this up, in all honest it think u guys would have fun if u did too, dont knock it till u try it :D

i used to have an aerosmith game that rocked.

you had a pick with a wire going to your printer port and you would strum a tennis racket.

basically things came up on the screen and you had to strum in time with solos and stuff, and if you missed a note it wouldnt play.

it was cool but i have no idea where it came from or what it was called :D

I started playing guitar freaks before i played gutiar and to tell u what it actually helped me. There is a lot of rythem required in these games so when it came time to pick up a guitar i had a really fair since of rythem already. It also helped me get my fingers strong and helped a little with switching fingers, only problem on guitar freaks where was only 3 buttons so my pinky got left out which a big reason why i negleated it when i first started playing, but practice change that.

• 1 month later...

I actually playe Guitar Hero for the first time over my friends house and couldn't put it down. I absolutely loved it! The song selection encompassed many great classic/modern rock songs and it was good practice even for rhythm and timing. I like the "super mode" where after you get special you point the headstock up in the air and you do all these tricks. I am so getting this for christmas. It looks and sounds stupid but it really is way fun!

Check it out!

Im trying to make a game way better than this. More helpful and versitile too. I want to make a game where you plug in your guitar into the computer and then the wave signal frequency goes into the game. So, its you actually playing a real guitar. I have a base for it as well. I am trying to make it with 3ds max, which u just got the latest version and this one works. So, hopefully i can make the game. It will use tabs to play the game. You have like a 5-10 sight reading period, then you start. Should be a fun little project to make. Plus, if its really good, i can sell the idea to a game company and make some cash. I mean, if the company wants to make more money, they can just sell a custom pre-amp that is needed to play the game. lol. But i mean this way, people can use the guitar they want, and also play their own music that they want. ITs also a good learning tool.