Guitar Making School

yo, FINALLY.... got this guitar making school off the ground. The first bunch of students are about a 1/3 of the way through now.

The info is fast and intense, very hands on. Initially i wanted 6 as a minimum, or preferrable 8 students, but decided for some silly reason to knock a few off and run it with only 4. Wow, glad i did, any more than four would creat too many bottle necks on the machinery.

IMG_0394.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, really well. Im impressed. All four guys have no prior wood working experience, so they are learning as they go. They are grasping the concepts really well, and we havent lost any fingers yet!

The only thing the guys havent done themselves, is the cutting and gluing of the scarf joint. I didnt think we would have the time, so i did that prior to the first session. But, we had a bit of space last week so i demonstrated how i do that also.

rhoads where do u live im coming to join lol.... no, well maybe, but anyway thats a really cool idea i dig it...

haha Australia :D

IVe actually got a guy in Hawaii that is desperate to come and do the course, but ive told him i aint letting him. Too far for just a basic course, told him to get on PG and learn all he wants :D

Maybe i could organise an international course B)

You know where fremantle is right?

Yer, sure I do. down south or something like that. All I know is that they have good fish and chips there. A good place to hang out with the family and the park is pretty cool. Oh ya and the massive ships in fremantle, but thats just about it. Exept that my aunt's mother in law is burried in the fremantle cemetary. Hehe.

Ash HK :D

yo bra i wish i lived in perth so mad man

how much is the course cause the only guitar making i ever heard about is my local big Esp dealer, well not much big guitar places here but this is a large place man because my friend worked in the back of the shop for schools work exp. o ya by the way i live in sydney :D:D