Kramers?

haggardguy

Well, i was at a pawn shop in town today and I was looking over some guitars and I saw a seymour duncan pickup poking out of one of them. Well I assumed it would be kind of expensive but I thought I would look at the guitar anyways. I looked at the headstock and it said Kramer American. I looked at the bridge, Original Floyd Rose, my excitement was growing. I looked at the price tag $300CDN I was super excited. The neck pickup confuzzled me though, it looked like a dimarzio X2n but i wondered "who puts that in the neck" and "thats odd" plus the guitar had a fair number of switches and a battery compartment. So I came home and spent a minute looking on vintage kramer, its an old Sustainer gutiar, I got excited. I then browsed the 1991 price listings and found out that it sold for $1400USD. I played it and it was awesome, should I convince my parents to let me buy it? :D

I have one. Presence like a fire-hose is how I describe the sound of it, but my "sustainer guitar" was never completed. The body and neck were still sitting at the Kramer Factory after they closed down. I bought 3 sustainer bodies and 1 Kramer American neck from a dealer who bought all the stuff at the factory. Sold 2 bodies long ago, and then I bolted the neck to one of the bodies, swiped the late 80's floyd off another guitar, put tuners on it, but the little screw holes have never been drilled on the back of the headstock. Body is factory black, but no pickup ring screw-holes were ever drilled. I've had a Duncan JB in the bridge before, but no pickups in it right now. The neck is actually too stiff, but after having it strung up for over 10 years now, I can get a *slight* bit of relief in the neck, but I've been planning for years to refret this thing, which would solve any relief problem. Since I'm not much into metal anymore, I keep putting that off.

What I hate the most is all the little toggle holes in the body. I filled some of them and tried to make them invisible, but it didn't work.

I think these Kramer bodies were made by ESP.

Maybe someday I'll go into the finishing section of this forum and bug you guys about how I can possibly hide those toggle holes without a refinish job.

Examined, played, bought, and is now sitting in my moms room waiting for christmas. It is missing a switch and a battery clip for the sustainer but i found a diagram for it and i think i might be able to fix it. Either way its still a great deal with an OFR and a Duncan pickup.

Awesome find! Congratulations and Merry Christmas.

GBT

for the fun of it you could throw it on ebay and put a 1 million dollar reserve, just so you can find out how high it really does go lol.

Edited by sepultura999