Music123.com

jay66

Has anyone ordered anything from music123.com? Did you have any problems with there service? I ordered an amp from them last week and all I seem to get from them is the runaround. They keep telling the address on my credit card dosn't match, but the credit card company says it does. It makes me wonder if they even have the amp I ordered in stock.

Jay

There saying it dosn't match my billing address and it does . I have given it to them 2 times over the phone and 2 times through Email. The credit card company has never missed sending me a bill yet,you can set your watch by them.

Having worked credit card customer service there's a system error somewhere. It may not be them or your bank but their bank.

Try to get them and your credit card company on the phone at the same time to check spelling etc...

Or have them call your bank for address confirmation rather than running through the electronic system.

Having worked credit card customer service there's a system error somewhere. It may not be them or your bank but their bank.

Try to get them and your credit card company on the phone at the same time to check spelling etc...

Or have them call your bank for address confirmation rather than running through the electronic system.

I guess there trying to verify everything by phone now. If this goes through it will be a sweet deal. 18 watt Budda super drive for $900.

it took me about 7-8 months to get my shecter c-1 classic from them last year, and the w*nkers shipped it halfway across the world in a cardboard box even after id specifically spent the last 6 months telling them that i wanted it shipped INSIDE the hardcase id had also ordered from them.

they told me the hardcase was instock and they were just waitng for the guitar, 3 months later they said they had the guitar and it was shipping, a month later they told me that it haddnt shipped yet because the case hadnt arrived, so they changed my order status to returned, put a new set of everything i had ordered on the list and ended up costing me another 100$ or so in currency conversion fees, then for some reason they decided it would be fun to ship the guitar and the effects pedal i had ordered without the case. the case came in 2 weeks later so they shipped it, and it arrived before the guitar by about 2 weeks cause UPS screwed up. luckily the guitar still made it here in perfect condition, but it cause me a fair amount of stress.

oh yea, then there was the 20$ phone bill cuase i had to ring them cause they stopped replying to my emails, i ended up siting on hold for 10 mins on an international toll call (which i also had to make at 2am because of time differences). just hung up in the end. evidently they had ALOT of people ringing to complain :D.

to summurise all of the above:

Cancell your order now for the love of god! take your money some place else (unless of course you have no alternative). somewhere that doesnt have the coustomer service skills of a colon infection. even thier emails seem to be pre-written reposonses.

music123.com bad! beer good!

it took me about 7-8 months to get my shecter c-1 classic from them last year, and the w*nkers shipped it halfway across the world in a cardboard box even after id specifically spent the last 6 months telling them that i wanted it shipped INSIDE the hardcase id had also ordered from them.

they told me the hardcase was instock and they were just waitng for the guitar, 3 months later they said they had the guitar and it was shipping, a month later they told me that it haddnt shipped yet because the case hadnt arrived, so they changed my order status to returned, put a new set of everything i had ordered on the list and ended up costing me another 100$ or so in currency conversion fees, then for some reason they decided it would be fun to ship the guitar and the effects pedal i had ordered without the case. the case came in 2 weeks later so they shipped it, and it arrived before the guitar by about 2 weeks cause UPS screwed up. luckily the guitar still made it here in perfect condition, but it cause me a fair amount of stress.

oh yea, then there was the 20$ phone bill cuase i had to ring them cause they stopped replying to my emails, i ended up siting on hold for 10 mins on an international toll call (which i also had to make at 2am because of time differences). just hung up in the end. evidently they had ALOT of people ringing to complain :D.

to summurise all of the above:

Cancell your order now for the love of god! take your money some place else (unless of course you have no alternative). somewhere that doesnt have the coustomer service skills of a colon infection. even thier emails seem to be pre-written reposonses.

music123.com bad! beer good!

Sounds like good advise I think I'll cancel my order tomorow and order somthing from musicians friend. Iv'e never had a problem with them and stuff gets here quick.

Thanks

Jay

I ordered an LR Baggs pickup from them right before Christmas - next day afternoon delivery. Music123 sent it out on time, but FedEx took two days to deliver it.

I emailed them and asked if I would be receiving a credit, since I paid extra to get it the next day. It took them 8 business days to respond, but they are giving me a credit for the difference between next day and ground delivery.

For what it's worth :D

Mike

musicians friend is just the only way to go for me, they have a huge inventory, they always ship on time, i love them, first guitar i bought from them came cracked (hollow body) we called them and UPS took it back right away 3 days later a new one arrived. just beautiful, the shipping was only delayed once, out of about 6 orders and there was a blizzard so it was forgivable.

i bought my first guitar from music 123 3 years ago. fed ex "couldnt find my house" and it caused over a week in delays for me to get my stuff. after some angry emails later they refunded 20 bucks of the total. when i used the credit music 123 messed up with my payment and i got my stuff witch was nothing more than a set of srtings,a string winder and a stand 2 weeks later. i havent and will never shop there again. musicans friend or local shops are the way to go if you ask me.

There saying it dosn't match my billing address and it does . I have given it to them 2 times over the phone and 2 times through Email. The credit card company has never missed sending me a bill yet,you can set your watch by them.

I've had that happen before with my Visa check card. Turns out that while they were sending the bank statement to my new house, they still had my old address online somewhere. I found out about it 3 years after I bought a house and moved, and it took forever to fix because no one knew where to look to find the wrong address in their system.

GBT

You guys all know that Musician's Friend is owned by Guitar Center, right? I know there are more than a few people here who have expressed a dislike or the local mega guitar mart. I'm tired of them because I've got 3 of them within a 50 mile radius, and there are less than 10 Ibanez guitars on the rack between all of them.

GBT