Sentinel V Progress Thread

man that v a couple posts up is simply BEAUTIFUL. i think that would be a really good choice. on teh project i just finished i went with a flat black kinda deal where the wood isnt sanded smooth. it has a lot of rough patches that show throught the paint and kinda make it look like the wood was burned in the depths of hell. which is what i was going for. whatever u decide im sure it will turn out awesome!!

-RAF

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

MAN I love how that looks but man why paint it like that keep that sexy wood showing :D

and go with black parts

!!METAL MATT!! :D

That 3d model is fantastic!

hes been doing mock up of ppls customshop ideas on the dean forum for a few weeks now, thats how i found him. i cant believe how quickly he was able to model the entire guitar and hardware and everything though. guys good at what he does.

holy crap... that's 3d? didn't even notice it was a graphic until you mentioned that...

kinda reminds me of how I almost got fooled by that FinalFantasy movie(s)...

for me, it doesn't connect. the body shape and the finish. I think the body calls for a little heavier distorted colors. I think you could get away with anything that could look a little evil, but white/black don't feel at home for that body. my (canadian) 2 cents.

If this guy is doing mock ups for you why dont you try getting him to do thinner stripes but follow the outside contours of the body? Ive never seen that done before. Maybe even try morphing the stripes so that as they get closer to the middle they become less defined, leaving you with a black blob or triangular shape just in front of the pickup. Even have the area around the pickup black and working towards the body contours on the edges.

As for colours, that black and white theme is awesome. That black hardware brings the whole project to a new level. Told ya it would work. SWEET.

Luke :D

for me, it doesn't connect. the body shape and the finish. I think the body calls for a little heavier distorted colors. I think you could get away with anything that could look a little evil, but white/black don't feel at home for that body. my (canadian) 2 cents.

+1. i think it would look cool with a muddy finish like this. i looks to "clean" for such an evil shape.

cheers

darren

do thinner stripes but follow the outside contours of the body? Ive never seen that done before. Maybe even try morphing the stripes so that as they get closer to the middle

i have no idea what you just said

as for a "dirty" look, i was planning on making the white "messy" like dripping and grungy like that dean zakk one posted

i just didnt want to bother wasting his time make me a complex design for the top. figued id leave that to the real painter.

im thinking of going with black now...

What I meant was keep the black and white stripes but instead of going across the body just do thin stripes of black and white that are the same shape as the body. They get smaller as they get closer to the middle of the body. Kind of like Zakk Wylde's bullseye but in the shape of your guitar.

What I meant was keep the black and white stripes but instead of going across the body just do thin stripes of black and white that are the same shape as the body. They get smaller as they get closer to the middle of the body. Kind of like Zakk Wylde's bullseye but in the shape of your guitar.

Personally, I think that'd look ugly. I'd assume you shop at Club Monaco! :D (known for its black/white theme)

I could suggest you painting it something like the color of dried blood... You know that thick/dark raspberry color? And keep that thing dripping and you can keep your stripes too, and the other color can be either white or black, black would be nicer.

Just a suggestion.

Oh and when you drip, drip it a little sideways, so make it seems like its dripping a little away from the neck.

It kinda gives off the "speed/shred" theme.

My (Canadian) 2 cents. (~1.8 cents USD)

I personally like the design exactly as it is, with either gold or black hardware. (I perhaps slightly prefer black though...)

That said, I'd imagine theres lots of other finishes that could look equally cool.

Couldnt agree more, there are limitless possibilities and I suppose thats why we build our own. At least you can get what you like. I still like the stripes as they are and I still think black hardware is the way to go.

THis guitar has seriously rekindled my fondness for V's though. I for one am very inspired.