Cheap, easy paint job...

G_urr_A

Ok, I'm getting closer to finnishing my first guitar, and I need a cheap and easy way to do it. A roller or brush should be able to do the trick, right? What type of paint would be suitable to use in conjunction with a roller/brush? What would I need to have on top of the now bare wood? Paint and clear, anything else?

Awesome...although I could'nt see any pics, I don't doubt for a second a killer glass finish can be achieved...like he said, a lot of sanding and buffing...who said you can't polish a turd? B) I know a guy who spray painted his car...bought a few cases of black lacquer...with enough build to sand with 400,600,800,1200,1500 and 2000, he got a show car glass shine after buffing. So I believe you can roll lacquer...I'm more inconsidrate, I gas my neighbors out...I love the smell of lacquer in the morning! cough...hack :D

In case you guys have'nt heard the Jerky Boys, they make crank calls...Mike the painter was hilarious. Painted his car with a brush and roller...beuuutiful.

I'm aware that I'm going to spend more time if I do it in a less expensive way, but, well, time is a thing I've got a lot of, as opposed to money....

So, what would I need to go the roller way?

1. Anything under the paint? (Sealer, or anything like that? What is sealer btw? (I don't know the Swedish word, so I need to know what it does to get the right thing))

2. A roller (anything I should think about?)

3. Some paint. (What types of paint are suitable for a roller?)

4. Some clear. (What types of clear are suitable?)

5. Sanding paper.

6. Lots of time and patience (not a problem).

7. Anything else?