Jem 777 jpg blueprint

B) i had to rewrite this hole thing cause explorer crashed on me!!!!

:D:D:DB):D:D:DB)

so i took the Original JEM Body Blueprint (large high res) .jpg file from the jemsite.com to my local print shop and got 3 copies printed out (7$) since it says right on the page Scale 1/1, and it's the high resolution picture and it looked about right when the first one printed out, BUUUUT when i get home and start measuring stuff i notice it's about 8mm to small both ways... (length and width) B) I used it instead of the corel image cause i wanted to get the cross sections printed out as well. But i'm guessing that's why someone took the file into corel and made it the right size (printable). So does anyone have the full high res blueprint WITH the cross sections at the RIGHT scale 1/1 scale? Does anyone know how to make the high res photo the right scale? Would they know at the print center if i asked them??

CRAAAAP!!! B)

Do you know of any software that can read that file other than Corel? I have Paint Shop Pro but it won't read that file.

i have the same problem... the file opens in jasc paint shop pro but then it won't display the file...

AlexVDL,

What did you use to draw the shape of the body? That will dicatate why you can't put the 2.5mm edge radius. Also, it doesn't like trying to radius the neck pocket area. If you put the radius on the body first, then extrude the neck pocket, you'll have better chances :D

And that looks fantastic!

Guest AlexVDL

Hi Eddie, I first drew a Spline for the contours of the body. After that I extruded the whole body. Now it's just a jem contour with some hight. But still I cannot get freaking autocad to radius my edges at this stage. The same with the back of the neck B):D

jemglass1.jpgjemglass2.jpg

You are not going to be able to fillet the edges of the body, it's too complex for autocad. You probably get an error message, right? That's ok, though....it's only 2.5.... :D

For the neck try this (if you haven't already):

Draw the profile of the neck at one end ofthe fretboard, then the profile of the neck at the other end. Then, do a loft or sweep. This way, you get the width of the fretboard, the thickness of the neck and the contoured shape of the back.

Here is a crude example in Inventor. AutoCAD should have a similar feature....it's been a while since I used ACAD B)

neckprofile.jpg

Guest AlexVDL

Wow thanks, that's cool!! But now the hardest part.. the part where the back of the neck meets the heel and the headstock.... I'v tried almost everything I know, but I am not able to draw it.

Can invertor draw the radius of a body?? Maybe I should try that program!

If you have some more tips, please e-mail me! Maybe we can help eachother or something :D

I've been using AutoCAD since version 1 (2 floppy disks: a boot and a run disk LOL!!). I prefer Mechanical Desktop (MDT) over ACAD and Inventor over MDT. I'm glad to help :D

The Heel and headstock would then be added extrusions. Not seperate parts. After the heel is added, I would then add fillets. OR I would do add the heel in the same manner as how the neck was drawn.

The headstock, I would create a sketch plane 13 degrees from the end of the locking nut area and extrude the shape of the headstock the necessary thickness, then fillet as needed.

Either program can create whatever model you want. I choose Inventor simply because it is the easiest for me. With Inventor if is easy to rearrange the order of creation. Lets say you did this:

1. Body shape

2. Neck pocket

3. Fillet the body edges (but it won't let you)

You can suppress the neck pocket (still there but not shown)

Add the edge fillet

Unsuppress the neck pocket

Reorder the creation:

1. Body Shape

2. Fillet body edge

3. Neck pocket.

don't worry about it ekg... i took the corel file off the jemsite and just got that printed off for the body shape. And i have the incorrect scale pictures of all the cross sections from before, i guess i can just use them, but i have to rely on the numbers written on it since i won't be able to measure the picture..