Starting Glam Cover Band.. New Paint On Crap Guitar

This guitar sucks.. it's one of those first act POS models you can get at WAL MART..

I traded someone a painting for it.. It'll need some tweaking but I think I can make a decent guitar out of it to cover "cum on feel the noise" on..

This is just a quick PhotoShop mock up of the proposed paint job and new headstock decal..

What do you guys think?

guitarpaint.jpg

Edited by joeguitar1954

I think you should paint the body checkerboard like the headstock. Cheap Trick!

Rick Nielsen has a one-off guitar that was made in the First Act artist shop.

Oh, and throw a really woooly humbucker in there, like a Super Distortion or Duncan Distortion. Fat and nasssty.

• 4 weeks later...

What the hell is up with people wanting to stick other brand names on guitars they spruce up/re-do?

Same thing as people walking around wearing Nike or Adidas or (fill in the blank) on the chest of their tee-shirt. I never understood that, never will.

Although for certain guitars, the logo is part of the overall look --I'm thinking of Strats and Teles and LPs, which look a little naked without a logo --but it's easy enough to come up with your own logo 'in the style of' rather than try to pass the guitar off as something it's not.

What the hell is up with people wanting to stick other brand names on guitars they spruce up/re-do?

Same thing as people walking around wearing Nike or Adidas or (fill in the blank) on the chest of their tee-shirt. I never understood that, never will.

No, it's really not the same. I don't have many obvious logo T's, has to be said, but at least those Ts were manufactured/printed on by the company they're advertising.

Although for certain guitars, the logo is part of the overall look --I'm thinking of Strats and Teles and LPs, which look a little naked without a logo --but it's easy enough to come up with your own logo 'in the style of' rather than try to pass the guitar off as something it's not.

See, I think a strat or tele or Les Paul looks fine without the logo. Of course, I tend to prefer more or less original headstocks for those (although my own strat tele pair has very fender-esque, unlogo'd headstocks; logo at 12th fret is enough). But to copy a trademarked logo in content as well as style? No.

+1 on the esp logo criticisms