Telecaster Done

Suh-weet! A few questions:

1. Why no control knobs?

2. Is that the way the Mighty Mite bridge is "supposed" to look, with the saddles at that high of an angle?

3. How do you like the MM bridge? I was considering getting one.

And now one comment:

That's a friggin' nice job. I wonder what it'll look like in natural light!

Suh-weet! A few questions:

1. Why no control knobs?

2. Is that the way the Mighty Mite bridge is "supposed" to look, with the saddles at that high of an angle?

3. How do you like the MM bridge? I was considering getting one.

And now one comment:

That's a friggin' nice job. I wonder what it'll look like in natural light!

1. They didnt show up yet, they are gold knurled knobs

2. I actually set the neck the same hieght as fender standards, so yes. But it actually helps having that at that angle, it is easier to palm mute.

3. This one is a mighty mite. Everything was actually really nice quality other than the screws. I replaced those.

About the lighting, this is actually pretty close. The reason it seems dark is because with the flash on, all you saw was this orange colored blob. I did use a flash because it shows the TRUE color alot better.

Looks great. Definitely enter for GOTM!

2. I actually set the neck the same hieght as fender standards, so yes. But it actually helps having that at that angle, it is easier to palm mute.

Depends on which Fender standard you used...Anyway, what Fender does isn't important here --what's important is that everything is set according to the hardware and parts you use.

I get the feeling that your heel is thicker (like the two-piece non-Fender neck I have), but the pocket is routed for a thinner heel --like the Fender neck I have. There's a significant difference in thickness --the Fender is a one piece neck, no glued on fretboard, which I imagine is why it's so much thinner.

But I'm betting that's why you had to raise the humbuckers up so high too.

It just looks off that's all --those saddles pointing up like that. Might be easier to palm mute, but I bet it's going to be easier to break strings too.

The good news is it wouldn't be too difficult to deepen the neck pocket, and it won't screw up your finish or anything.

You could also try raising the bridge. The Schaller hardtail I bought (the 3D-6) comes with an extra base plate for raising the entire bridge -- maybe the Mighty Mite has one too? It wouldn't be hard to make one, and it'd be invisible, so that's another option.

woah thats like a pretty cool lookin for a tele. considering i hate teles, but this ones an exception.

Its it usually that thin?

I get the feeling that your heel is thicker (like the two-piece non-Fender neck I have), but the pocket is routed for a thinner heel --like the Fender neck I have. There's a significant difference in thickness --the Fender is a one piece neck, no glued on fretboard, which I imagine is why it's so much thinner.

That's a Warmoth neck, so it's probably right. But look at the amount of space under the 22nd fret overhang. The pocket is too shallow.

dude, if thats your first, i'm heading out to the garage right now to burn my mahogany! :D

....honey, wheres that lighter fluid and matches?? :D

Sure, the drawing looks right. It's your guitar that looks off, that's all we're saying. Or maybe you've just got the action set extremely high?

Is this a Warmoth body too? Or does the body come from a different source?

No, i just remeasured it all. IT is right.

And i made the body. The bridge is just cast lower. Not a big deal at all.

Case Closed