Boost Pedal...

Pr3Va1L

Alright, I'm looking for your opinions on a good booster pedal to drive the front-end of my tube amp... I find i'm lacking a bit of gain when I'm using my single-coil equipped guitar, and so I'd like to buy (or perhaps make??) a boost pedal...

So what's good and not too costly out there?

Thanks!

I think he's wanting one of these

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sey...edal?sku=150710

Haven't tried it, but I have heard basically, that if you're a rhythm player and you want to jump to lead now and then, go with this.

-Jamie

If you want to build something, try the Stratoblaster

Make the stompbox version, it works much better tone wise.

I build these for people with a 2n5457 fet, and substitute the 1.5uf cap for a 2.2uf. Plus some other changes, but they are my secrets :D . I veroboarded one for a guy recently, with only those two changes, took all of 30mins, including drilling a box. Was about $30US of parts(box included). And he calls me several times a week to tell me about all the improvements it has made to his clean tone, and his effects and amps. He loves it so much, he now runs it constantly, and wants a second one for solo boosting.

I could supply my you with my pcb, but with international shipping, it wouldn't be worth your while. I think the board from general guitar gadgets is like 9US, so I'd go with him.