Stringing A Floyd Rose

Where exactly do the strings go on a floyd rose?! i took the string savers out and put the ball end of the strings there and tightened it in. I looked at my strat and it seemed to be threaded through holes in the bridge, but there were no holes in mine.

how do i do it?! anyone have a diagram

oh i get it, too bad i lost 1 of my string savers.

It's a pain cos it takes 1/2 hour with a pair of snips and an allen key to get the strings changed.

The upside is that when a string snaps it's usually the ball-end that breaks. I've had my Jackson for 12 years and I've never had a string break once even with all the whammy abuse that can be thrown at it. The worst that can happen is the end of the string can come pinging out the saddle if the block isn't tightened up enough !

Has any on here had experience with the Speedloader whammy? :D

Just curious if all the hype is justified.

the hype is that you dont need to spend time cutting balls off and locking the strings down like on a usual floyd rose while the speedloader it just locks at the end of the neck and and the other part locks at the bridge and the strings a pre-stretched so you dont have to wait so long just to get the strings fully stretched out. so what would take a ~20 min session just becomes ~10 minutes. to me it all seems bullshit and just another way for floyd rose to make money

It's a pain cos it takes 1/2 hour with a pair of snips and an allen key to get the strings changed.

1/2 hour? It takes me 5-10 minutes to change strings on a floyd. I cant see what you are doing that takes a 1/2 hour.

1/2 hour? It takes me 5-10 minutes to change strings on a floyd. I cant see what you are doing that takes a 1/2 hour.

I've told you a million times not to exagerrate :D