WHOHAA, or as we say locally, tjohoo

My own place in the cyber space is finally up. Had to learn FrontPage to do it and thus feeding Bill Gates even more.

Have a look and let me know what you think. All opinions are welcome. Help me improve

www.peternaglitschluthier.com

I love some of those guitars in the gallery...

The blue one, the two teles, the resonator-electric and the ricenbacker-esque guitar are my favourites.

A few spelling mistakes/typos to draw to your attention though:

"Graphite is used primarily in bas neck"

"Well, we are talking totally custom here. For guitar and bas I have two original designs"

"But of cause I glue the necks in if the customer wishes for it."

"Tele-style bridges are the best solutions for log sustain and focused tone."

" Finnish See Trough Sea Blue"

"Fret markers Aluminum" Its aluminIum. Dont listen to anybody who says otherwise :D

"It is the wood that transfers the vibration from the string trough the air to the microphones and the amplifier."

"I also do stained wood under see trough finishes"

The above two should both say through - a trough is a ditch :D

I know the site is only just up- so you'd probably pick up on these sooner or later. I just thought I'd draw them to your attention since I spotted them.

Edited by Ben

Very nice site! I like the personal feel of it which I think helps convey the fact that you are a custom builder willing to give the customer what they want. I also like the little image next to each section in "About the Guitars". I suggest looking for a different image for the Scale length section because I think its a bit difficult to make out.

BTW - Here's another typo. Its under the Construction section of "About the Guitars":

"This gives on unsuppressed strength, resistance against warping..." should read "This gives unsurpassed strength, resistance against warping..."

Nice work!

Or, of course, if you live WEST of the Atlantic Ocean, where it's always been aluminum.

Well we named it first. :D (probably)

EDIT

I was interested and tried to find out :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum#Spelling

"The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) adopted aluminium as the standard international name for the element in 1990, but three years later recognized aluminum as an acceptable variant. Hence their periodic table includes both, but places aluminium first [7]. IUPAC officially prefers the use of aluminium in its internal publications, although several IUPAC publications use the spelling aluminum.[8]"

Besides- ours has 9 letters and yours has only 8; hence ours is one better.

Edited by Ben

LOL, skibum. But I have to hand it to the Brits, after all it is THEIR language. Kinda hard to tell Noah about ark building, yeah? (even if they want to spell color all messed up and I completely agree on the whosyersister sauce)

Peter, I am impressed as always by your work! Loooove that strat

R-

Thanks everyone for the input and kind words :D

I know my spelling is bad. English isn’t my native language so I am happy for your help. It also shows that the spelling help in FrontPage isn’t very good :D

Hey Hey! Not at all bad.. although it looks a little template-ish (which is fine, but geeks like me like more of a self-built thing).. I would change the font up, it gets quite hard to read, and "welcome" on the first page is spelled wrong (wellcome). Other than that, I'd generally refrain from the clipart and random pictures on the "about the guitars" page, as it is a tad unprofessional. You know, other than that, if this is the first time you've made a website, it's quite impressive!

Cheers!

I’m working on a logo that will jump around all over the place, spin and change colour at the same time. Waddayathink?

Quite funny to hear that it looks like I have used templates, because that is not the case. OK, I started with one of the themes in FrontPage but the only surviving thing from that is the background, list bullet and the horizontal line. And the pictures in the “about”-page are very well arranged on my computer, but that only shows that I haven’t understood a bit about how pictures and texts are handled in a html-page

And there are no clipart! I had to look hard to find graphics to match the text :D , but yeah, I might have to rethink that.

Ones again thanks for the input and kind words.

Or, of course, if you live WEST of the Atlantic Ocean, where it's always been aluminum.

You silly brits with your extra letters... I mean, come on, worcestershire?! ***?! :D:D

Now now B)

Anyway... who has nicked half the place names in britain :D Ahem.

In terms of silly extra letters. You may want to look (well... listen) to some welsh speakers (i'm not taking the piss, i am one!) and NO, IT IS NOT WALES, ENGLAND. IT IS WALES, WALES.

B)

PS: God bless IUPAC, making life 'easier' for us all, I miss doing chemistry!

S

Anyway... who has nicked half the place names in britain tongue.gif Ahem.

Haha- it made me laugh when I noticed that somebody (I think it might have been on this forum) was from Grimsby, Canada :D

If you're going to steal a place name... why Grimsby? Its a horrible name

Dude - my wife is Finnish, and speaks Swedish, German and to a degree most other Scandinavian languages. If you require proofing on your site, please PM me (us).

Thanks a lot Prostheta.

This community is great!! Mickguard has already offered his help too!! Actually he has already reworked the texts, and I will publish the updated site tomorrow or on Tuesday.

OK, I got it done quicker.

www.peternaglitschluthier.com is now updated with the texts that Mickguard have helped me with.

I would like to send out a big thank you to Mickey for his contribution. Thank you my friend.

A definite improvement. Most of the spelling mistakes are corrected, and the grammar seems better.

I still spotted a few though :D

• Wellcome (on the first page)
  • Both of these are loosely based on classis designs.
  • A neck pocket were the fretboard cover all of the joints to make a everything look as solid at is in fact is (should be where)
  • A fret marker system that combine the traditional dots with the side markers to create something new (should be combines)

The arial font is easier to read too. Theres still some text thats remained in the old font though.

I'm also tempted to pick up on 'color' vs. 'colour' :D

Also- its just a little thing- but all the pages have the title 'New Page 1'

Looking good!

Ok then.. since I'm the official proof-reader...heres some more :D

On the 'about me' page:

• "As many builders, I started out by modifying and setting up my own guitars."

• "my base in Stockholm , Sweden . "

• "I have decided to offer my custom guitar building services to a larger public. "

• "ukeleles" should be "ukuleles"

• "For example, one of my favorite neck wood combinations is a laminate of maple and mahogany."

I know it as 'favourite'... but maybe favorite is the american spelling (like colour/color)

[*]"Some of the key elements in my designs are the striving to preserve as much as possible of the vibrations from the strings, to make them breath"

Theres something about that sentence that just doesnt quite sound right to me...

[*]"earvana tunable nut system and offer that as an option on all of my guitar"

I think it should be 'tuneable' and 'guitars'

[*]"These pack the power and punch of a the P90 into the traditional Telecaster and Stratocaster pickup shapes."

Should be 'a P90' or 'the P90'- just not both :D ('a P90' prabably sounds better IMHO)

Thats it for now from me

Most of those things are pretty minor. I noticed them though so I thought I'd point them out to you.

Thanks guys, I have learned that my English really have to improve.

I will have a look at it tonight

As everything in life this also took much more time than I expected. Now the texts are changed and I have a new Font. Tell me what you think.

all the pages have the title 'New Page 1'

And I had changed that in all the pages and it still was just “New Page 1”. I finally found out what was wrong. I had to open the Frame properties dialogue and go to the frame page tab. There I could change it. And because I use Frames exclusively, all I got before was “New Page 1”.

Once again:

Thanks guys. You have been very helpful. Please let me know if I can return the favour.

I had a look over it and couldnt spot any more mistakes.

Plus the simple font is definitely much easier on the eye.

Looks great now! :D

One suggestion though;

I found that in the photo gallery I could right click the image (in firefox), then click ' view image' and I could then view the image at more than double the resolution.

To me it seems a waste to have such high resolution images that the person visiting your site cant easily view

Why not make the pictures in the gallery into links to the full-size images?

just an idea

I had a look over it and couldnt spot any more mistakes.

So I got the Ben-stamp-of-aproval :D

I found that in the photo gallery I could right click the image (in firefox), then click ' view image' and I could then view the image at more than double the resolution.

To me it seems a waste to have such high resolution images that the person visiting your site cant easily view

OK…don’t happen in IE. I was too lazy to resize the picture in the first place (in Photoshop) so I just gave them another size in FrontPage. And in IE you don’t get that option when right-clicking a picture.

Why not make the pictures in the gallery into links to the full-size images?

Most of those pictures have hotspots so you can click on the head in the picture and get a blow up of the head. Don’t really know if hotspots are supported by Firefox. Does it work?