Communal Purchase (uk) Neutrik Locking Jacks

Setch

Sambo recently brought this link to my attention:

http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/item_43-274_2003063.aspx

So.... Anyone want a few Neutrik jacks? I want to try them, and may as well get a few (otherwise I'll pay £5.50 shipping on a £3 part), but I don't want 10 - I might not like them.

£3.05 each, plus postage at cost (god knows what that'll be - anyone experienced the new postal servce fees yet?) and a portion of the shipping (I'll divide it equally between anyone who gets some).

If you're interested PM ASAP - I've already got a couple of folks who are in, and I'd prefer to order before the weeked.

Thanks for the thought Scott - I checked it out, and for I'd only save 2p per socket if I order under 50, and that's without taking shipping into account. If I end up getting more than 50 the UK supplier is significantly cheaper. I can't believe I just said that - about *%$£!)*^% time!

Bravo old boy.

i remember a few years ago figuring out, it was cheaper to buy a UK made vox AC30 in the states, having it shipped here, paying import tax & having the input transformer changed than it was to buy it in sound control in bristol.

Thanks gordon brown!

S

I mgiht have known something wasn't right...

Looks like I made a small cock up - all prices listed on the Canford site are excluding VAT. So, the sockets are £3.58 each, not £3.05.

Sorry for the confusion - I should have read the small print....

Last orders at the bar...

If anyone wants any, speak now, or for ever hold your peace. Anyone who's already contacted me should get a PM with my email address to get payment sorted.

Hopefully I'll get the payment sorted and the jacks ordered before close of business today.

Setch,

Are these just locking jack sockets then? I was thinking that it's a good idea.......but then :D .........

.........Say you're jumping around on stage (or at home when no ones looking) acting like a general hooligan, wringing the neck off you axe and acting like a general guitar god. You jump up and you accidentally land on you lead and then go to jump up again and you pull your lead out. Bugger, the sound goes off and you fumble around and put it back in. Everyone laughs.

Now imagine that you do the same with a locking jack socket, you land on your lead and crouch down, go to jump up again and then.........you rip the jack socket out, along with a big bit of wood and the rest of the electrics. You nearly break your shoulder on the strap, you stumble forward spill the pint of the big hairy biker thats sitting next to your speaker, fall over and then everyone laughs (until the big hairy one kills you). :DB):D

Setch,

Are these just locking jack sockets then? I was thinking that it's a good idea.......but then :D .........

.........Say you're jumping around on stage (or at home when no ones looking) acting like a general hooligan, wringing the neck off you axe and acting like a general guitar god. You jump up and you accidentally land on you lead and then go to jump up again and you pull your lead out. Bugger, the sound goes off and you fumble around and put it back in. Everyone laughs.

Now imagine that you do the same with a locking jack socket, you land on your lead and crouch down, go to jump up again and then.........you rip the jack socket out, along with a big bit of wood and the rest of the electrics. You nearly break your shoulder on the strap, you stumble forward spill the pint of the big hairy biker thats sitting next to your speaker, fall over and then everyone laughs (until the big hairy one kills you). :DB):D

That's why you thread the lead through your strap before it goes into the jack! That should stop you risking a spectacular tear out. My main motivation for the locking jack is aesthetic, but I think there will be practical benefits too. I hate (hate!) barrel jacks, which always give me trouble, and I don't like the way that regular jacks work loose and inevitably end up straining the connections to them. I'm also hoping the locking action will prevent movement of the plug in the socket, which would minmise crackling (not pork crackling mind - I'm all for maximising that).

Anyway, I'm keen to try 'em. I'll report back once I've given them a whirl.

Sod it, I'll have one as well then (if there's enough going spare) not like I wont find a use for it, lapsteel maybe. :D

Black one if possible. Cheers geezer.

You missed last orders by a hair, but I'll happily send you one of mine. They're all black - goes with everything :D

If you clean out your PM inbox (slacker!) I'll send you my paypal details.

Just a comedy craft supplies story for everyone after supernova9's post...

Ordered some stuff from craft supplies (woodturning blanks and blah)... 5 months ago. Still hasn't come. Think they might have lost it! ha ha ha! but hey, didnt end up needing the stuff anyway.

And, order some plain maple neck blanks from them. i ordered some and they are very very flamed (sam smiled).

S

Just a comedy craft supplies story for everyone after supernova9's post...

Ordered some stuff from craft supplies (woodturning blanks and blah)... 5 months ago. Still hasn't come. Think they might have lost it! ha ha ha! but hey, didnt end up needing the stuff anyway.

And, order some plain maple neck blanks from them. i ordered some and they are very very flamed (sam smiled).

S

But knowing my luck, I'd order plain, expect Flamed, and end up with Spalt :D