8-string Guitar

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a fretboard this summer and they just left it outside my house... UPS is frigging stupid.. luckily it was normal temperature or it coulda really ****ed the wood up.. but still, shouldnt be able to do that..

Matt we need some updates on this thing, Gogogo

btw desopolis.. Thought I just might let you know, he means -12 celcius lol O_O You may think like "God im not that dumb" but some americans honestly think the temperature goes from 60 F to -12 F as soon as you cross the border.. lol

Edited by NickCormier

hehe wow its still 11F?

Here in New Brunswick, we're right next to the coast, so sometimes it gets to be like -40 C... So cold cars sometimes wont run because the gas freezes, and if your skin is exposed for more then like 10 minutes your basically screwed lol.. Those are never fun days =[[ only happens like once or twice a year, but still pretty crazy, considering we're not much more than afew hours from Maine lol..

Anyways, Back on topic! lol

Ok I just got the wood OUT of the box for the first time and and Ive made a real mess of the computer room :D BUT WOW its soooooo sexy PLUS I have enough to build two guitars out of what I got, the guitar could fit on just the two boards :D

IMG_0979.jpg

!!METAL MATT!! B)

planing it level is going to be a pain.

NOPE!! :D I have this Dec12090shop.jpg

!!METAL MATT!! :D

sad that I have a pic just like that, but mine is a entire strat (body and neck) going across.. lol..

EDIT: all 3 pieces came from the same board, and were planed to 2". So Id asume you'd just be planing glue edges and getting to your final thickness.

honestly that ALOT of walnut, you could build neck lams etc from that.

with your shape though I dont forsee another body.

Edited by Desopolis

Matt, that seems like a really inefficient use of wood(on the body, I mean). You could cut one of the boards into 3 pieces and glue those pieces onto the center board for your spikey parts. You might have to angle the cuts to get it to work, but I'm pretty sure it could be done with relative ease. Just trying to save you some lumber; my US $.02

peace,

russ

Matt, that seems like a really inefficient use of wood(on the body, I mean). You could cut one of the boards into 3 pieces and glue those pieces onto the center board for your spikey parts. You might have to angle the cuts to get it to work, but I'm pretty sure it could be done with relative ease. Just trying to save you some lumber; my US $.02

HAHAHA Im not planing on wasteing all that wood :D Ive just got the body laid out over top of the wood

I plan on geting 2 bodies out of this wood, im thinking about doing a Damien body out of whats left over from the walnut

oh and hears a shot for scale

IMG_0981.jpg

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Well the Pickup is on its way B) I went with the EMG-45DC the reason for this is because its a proven pickup and its looks will really flow with this design, Plus Im kinda helping a guy out of A jam :D

EMG.jpg

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

+1 on the EMG45DC!! I've mounted mine inside a purpleheart pickup ring on the eight-string build I have on the go. Very long pickup too! I'm considering adding a second one, but I'm not sure.

Have You got any pics? :D

I desiced that it would look cool to do an Ebony veneer on the headstock of this neck

HEAD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

YAHOOOOO My pickup is in!! :D

IMG_1036.jpg