I Always Miss The Amazing Finds And Good Deals...

GodBlessTexas

Until yesterday! If you're like me, you always have friends who seem to stumble across amazing deals or once in a lifetime opportunities that you never are able to get in on. Well, yesterday I scored a dream find for me: A Very Good condition 1990 Ibanez RG550. It's been played, but it hasn't been abused: there's some minor paint chipping on the front, but it's paint and no edge damage. The hardware is a good 90%, especially the Edge trem. The pickups sound really good, and the neck is straight but with some minor maple finish wear, like an old Tele neck. It's got history, and it shows. It's also a perfect match for the Franken RG I've been building. It's a lefty 1988 RG 550 neck on a righty 1990 RG 570 body. This one will stay stock, while the Franken RG will get the standard EMG setup that I like.

Anyway, I'm so psyched and wanted to share in my good luck. I think I'm going to sell off my S guitars and just keep the RG's. I'm up to 6 now, and while the S is light, the RGs with Wizard/Super Wizard/Prestige Wizard necks are easier for me to play.

I find the easiest way to stumble across amazing deals is to not have any money. I have come across the most killer steals, when my bank account is drained and can't do a thing about it. I am talking a JCM800 head and 412 cab for a measly 200 bucks. =( A super nice little Gibson SG for 175. I could go on but those are just two I ran across this year. I also had a friend who was selling a great Les Paul standard with a pickup upgrade ( I forget what kind but he was chasing the Allman Bros tone and dropped something like 300 bucks in pickups for his LP) and offered it to me for 800 cuz he needed cash in a hurry.

I scored a Fender Harvard Reverb II amp last week for $10 from a friend. NICE little amp, its my main clean tone amp now. Love the sound of a clean Fender amp.

That's a sweet deal for any decent amp. Nice! Did I mention I only paid $175 for the RG550? :D

I find the easiest way to stumble across amazing deals is to not have any money. I have come across the most killer steals, when my bank account is drained and can't do a thing about it. I am talking a JCM800 head and 412 cab for a measly 200 bucks. =( A super nice little Gibson SG for 175. I could go on but those are just two I ran across this year. I also had a friend who was selling a great Les Paul standard with a pickup upgrade ( I forget what kind but he was chasing the Allman Bros tone and dropped something like 300 bucks in pickups for his LP) and offered it to me for 800 cuz he needed cash in a hurry.

Yeah, that's the way it usually works for me too, but this one got posted on payday. I'm still jazzed, and really enjoying it.

I scored a Fender Harvard Reverb II amp last week for $10 from a friend. NICE little amp, its my main clean tone amp now. Love the sound of a clean Fender amp.

That's a sweet deal for any decent amp. Nice! Did I mention I only paid $175 for the RG550? :D

Yeah, that's the way it usually works for me too, but this one got posted on payday. I'm still jazzed, and really enjoying it.

So Joseph,

Where you been? Call me, lets get together for a cold one. I just cut up alot of maple and unsundrie other wood getting ready for ebay. You might want to look before it goes online.

Mike

Hey Mike! Yeah, I've been busy. Saturday marks the end of the soccer season, and life should get back to normal for me. I've been building a home theater at my house, which took up a lot of my time. It's functional as of now, but not where I want it to be. We're now watching Lost in HD and movies on a 112" screen. The kids love it.

I'll give you a ring soon to set up a time to look at the wood.

I've always managed to score comparatively well on fLeBay.

Japanese ESP Explorer EMG81/60 NNC for £450

LTD Explorer EMG81/60 GC for £250

Ibanez RG1670FM with full SD pickup upgrades NNC for £550

Peavey 5150 Mk1 head GC for £300

Marshall JCM800 2203 100w head for £220

Marshall JCM800 2203 100w head with 1960A 4x12 for £280

Jackson neck-thru Rhoads NNC for £180

Various non-HZ EMG pickups for less than 1/2 retail

P7080066.JPG

I guess the difference is in whether you are after something specific when you don't have the finances (pain!) and when you pick something up which is a great price whilst you have got the cash. I didn't mean to pick up the S1670FM (oops! mis-called it an RG there in my previous post...) but it was going on Buy It Now for a totally stupid price, case and pickups included!

Moral of fLeBay is: Money - when available - will expand your instrument purchasing scope hugely. Always. When money is not available, that which you desire is ALWAYS on sale for something just out of reach of current ability. Therefore money is inversely proportion to the availability of desired items, and items are spitefully proportional to the available funds.

Hey Mike! Yeah, I've been busy. Saturday marks the end of the soccer season, and life should get back to normal for me. I've been building a home theater at my house, which took up a lot of my time. It's functional as of now, but not where I want it to be. We're now watching Lost in HD and movies on a 112" screen. The kids love it.

I'll give you a ring soon to set up a time to look at the wood.

Sounds good See ya soon

MK