Carnival Of Dead Souls?

Anybody notice the Off Topics Chat section has gotten really ~WEIRD~ lately, like every day a new dead soul comes waundering thru, leaves some deranged thread behind them, never to be heard from again.

It's unholy I tell you, it's starting to freak me out. :D

It's like a street now that you just 'avoid' if there's another way to get where you're going because of all the crazies and crackheads that live on that street. :D

I asked the mods about some of these posts. Most are obvious spam and I recommended tracing them back to their ISP of origin and having their respective ISP accounts terminated. Unfortunately, their origin was somewhere in Russia and Italy. So the buck stops there. I figure the last one wanted to know how to PM forum members so they could spam us individually. That kinda pisses me off because I'be been seeing a LOT more spam than usual in my regular emails. Seem to be getting it from every angle nowadays. Even visiting some websites has forced me to don the proverbial chastity belt(s) to prevent those backdoor trojans (OUCH!)

Maybe the next one who posts some spam should be dealt with in kind. say...EVERYONE on the forum PM the SOB and stuff as much crap back into his crack as physically possible. :D

Edited by Southpa

I've noticed this too. There seems to be a lot of spam every day now, things have gotten a lot worse. :D And I don't know if there is any way to stop it. But hopefully it will all be better soon.....find a happy place. :D

Bear with us, folks - we're killing 'em as fast as we can find 'em! As for the weird "Hi! I'm New Here!!" posts, all I can assume is that they're vague attempts at phishing from the "English as a second language" spammers. We must be doing something right - we're getting spam from servers all over eastern Europe, and even as far away as Israel!! :D

Wow, Drak, talk about an obscure cultural reference - Carnival of Souls was one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen! Right up there with Suspiria, The Illustrated Man and Breakin' II: Electric Boogaloo! :D

Oh man I feel so let down!!!! B) I thought this was A topic about some deadly new death Metal band

called Carnival Of Dead Souls :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I shall want proper credit and a whole lot of money then... :DB):D

hahahahahahahhahaha

+1 on the spam problem. I know the mods are doing their job, and thats cool :D But just the fact that they are spamming is makes me mad.

EDIT, right before I posted this I looked in the off topic chat section and there was no spam there, when I got done posting this I looked again and there is some spam there already! B)

Edited by Godin SD