Eyeball Inlays

HuntinDoug

I did two rosewood boards last night. This one, and one of a flying eyeball w/bat like wings...I'll post more pics of that one later.eye_anim.gif I used Pearlessence & blue mirrored plexi to get the depth & reflection I wanted. I scribed the back of the mirror on the blue to get the lines in the iris. The diamiter is about .500in.

eye2.jpg

I did two rosewood boards last night. This one, and one of a flying eyeball w/bat like wings...I'll post more pics of that one later.eye_anim.gif I used Pearlessence & blue mirrored plexi to get the depth & reflection I wanted. I scribed the back of the mirror on the blue to get the lines in the iris. The diamiter is about .500in.

eye2.jpg

That kinda gives me the creeps but it's pretty cool! :D

Cool!

You ought to do something like the lunar phase inlay. Further up the neck, use eye inlays of the same width, but, the eye progressively closing.

That's funny....I thought of that same thing after I finished it. I thought about using the same color as the wing on the flying eyeball for the eyelids. Either that, or doing cat eyes that squint and dialate as they go up the neck.