Finishing Pine Guitar

i am building a guitar out of WHITE pine (as an experiment) and i don't know what to finish it with

i need a tight finish on it to give it at least a descent sound

I don't have access to a spray gun and was wondering if tung oil would give it that tight finish

i also wanted to stain it a walnut color and was wondering how to apply that and use tung oil over top of it or just mix it together

a little help?

thx

i need a tight finish on it to give it at least a descent sound

Can you explain that for me, im having difficulty understanding exactly what you mean. you know finishes make *very* little differance when it comes to the tone of an eletric instrument, where pick up choice and amp choice will make more of a differance.

The pickups are 2 (dos) humbuckers, 1 seymore d., and 1 unidentafied 1980's pickup off an ibanez RG

and the amp is a marshall MG

i was under the impression that the finish made the sound crisp"er"

Or the other way around...

Hard finish + soft wood + light ding = possibly heavy flaking when wood deforms under the finish.

With a soft wood and oilfinish it is much more likely to scratch and so on. That is true. But any scratches are easy to sand away and re-oil.