Found a cool new site

canuckguitarist

• 2 weeks later...

I live a few hours south of Recofor and will try to check them out next time I head north. The prices do seem great and being able to see things in person (and bringing a tape measure) beats the web by a mile. If they do seem good, I'll post about it (might be a few months though...).

I have been to Gilmer and that is a trip. They have about 250% of what should fit in that old barn. Lots of cool stuff crammed into corners or stacked to NBA height. The Northwest is great for maple.

I emailed the wood store to see if they were set up for drop-in business and got a reply that they are reorganizing with a new name, Far West Specialty Woods, and will be down for a while they move. I'll try to check them out when it's up and running.

My avatar axe is a familiar shape, with a few slight differences: Arrowhead headstock shape and the top carve is pretty non-standard.

I emailed the wood store to see if they were set up for drop-in business and got a reply that they are reorganizing with a new name, Far West Specialty Woods, and will be down for a while they move. I'll try to check them out when it's up and running.

My avatar axe is a familiar shape, with a few slight differences: Arrowhead headstock shape and the top carve is pretty non-standard.