6 string neck width

ok i'm looking on the ibanez site at this bass and it's a 5 string, that has a 76mm wide 24th fret, but this 6 string is only 64mm wide at the 24th fret.. that seems like it's backwards but that's what's on their site. I need to use the EDA body but make it a 6 string bass instead of 5. Any one have the correct dimensions or can confirm these for the 6 string neck width, please and thank you.

Hi Derek!!! B)

A see this info, about i make this plans to download section. It´s a error of Ibanez page. If you see the Ibanez Japan page, the bass eda measures are correct. In Ibanez.com says "25,5 scale", in Ibanez Japan page says "34 scale". Bye My friend!!! :D

Guest AlexVDL
ok i'm looking on the ibanez site at this bass and it's a 5 string, that has a 76mm wide 24th fret, but this 6 string is only 64mm wide at the 24th fret.. that seems like it's backwards but that's what's on their site. I need to use the EDA body but make it a 6 string bass instead of 5. Any one have the correct dimensions or can confirm these for the 6 string neck width, please and thank you.

Note that bass strings are much thicker, plus the string spacing is wider. So IMO the measurements could be right... :D

Note that bass strings are much thicker, plus the string spacing is wider. So IMO the measurements could be right... :D

both are basses though.... how can a 6 string bass neck the thinner then a 5 string bass neck???

ahhhhh here we go.... 85... on the american page it says 64 for the width at the last fret.... i guess kurt just put the wrong link

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/bass/page_bt...btb406qmhs.html

Speaking of Ibanez, how many of you guys in the UK have found yourself here yet... http://www.ibanez.co.uk/

B):D

Yeah, first time i tryed to find the Ibanez site, i told my mum to sit with me while i showed her the guitar i wanted, so i clicked on ibanez.co.uk, and oh dear :D

Oh well, a week or 2 away from a computer can be a good thing...

Matt

i am making a six string - baritone: 46.5mm wide neck.

Page.