Padauk And Wenge Fingerboards / Slotting Service

Jon

My site and store are now up! Don't forget to check out my gallery, lots of cool woods there. :D

Main site - http://www.jonsbasses.com/

Store - http://www.jonsbasses.com/store/ (Temporarily down)

Gallery - http://jonsbasses.com/gallery/main.php

Ebay - http://stores.ebay.com/Jons-basses

Fingerboards - Dimensions: Length listed below x 2 3/4"+ x 7+m.m.

• Padauk:
PadaukFB-2.jpg20" - $8.64
24" - $10.32
28" - $12.00

Monterillo:
Monterillo%20Fingerboard%201.jpg
20" - $12.00
24" - $14.40

Zebrawood
Zebrawood%20Fingerboard%202.jpg
20" - $18.60
24" - $21.60

Figured Bubinga - Dimensions: 30" x 3 3/4" x 1" - ALL SOLD
Bubinga%20Board%207.JPG
30" - $35.00

Padauk: $20
PadaukTop1.jpg
I'll also have 6-8 Mahogany neck blanks, 1 Mahogany body blank, 2 Basswood body blanks, and some other cool wood once I get all my stuff organized. All the figured bubinga will not be listed anywhere else, this wood is strictly for PG members. If you're interested in any of the pieces that are not fingerboards, PM and we can work something out! Edited by Jon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon,

By chance, do you have any longer pieces? Say about 31" or more.

how much for the padauk not slotted?

Guitar - $10 (20" board)

Bass - $13.50 (28" board)

I'll let the 6.5" wide boards go for $15 each, of course I'll joint these boards and sand them down before shipping out.

Jon,

By chance, do you have any longer pieces? Say about 31" or more.

I am not positive about quartersawn - but I know for a fact I do have flatsawn Padauk at this length. The grain is jagged in flatsawn Padauk, it looks like this. Let me know what kind you're looking for.

Project703.jpg

I am not positive about quartersawn - but I know for a fact I do have flatsawn Padauk at this length. The grain is jagged in flatsawn Padauk, it looks like this. Let me know what kind you're looking for.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant to ask if you had any wenge at that length. That padauk is a very nice looking piece of wood, but it's not right for the build I'm planning.

Edited by fookgub

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got the 3 boards jointed and split up ready to be resawn and thicknessed. PM if you're interested! I'm letting a lot of what's left go for much lower now. Had to take the pictures quickly because the batteries are about dead, so the quality isn't that great. I'll have better pictures of the seperate fingerboards over the next couple days.

th_FingerboardWoods2.jpgth_FingerboardWoods3.jpg

The boards are now split up. The 12 new ones are 19 3/4"+ x 3"+ x 7mm and thickness sanded to 60 grit. I will thickness further and sand to a higher grit free of charge.

th_FingerboardWoods4.jpg

Click to enlarge!

These boards are numbered 1 thru 14, so if you'd like a specific board out of the bunch just let me know!

1-7

th_FingerboardWoods5.jpg

8-14

th_FingerboardWoods6.jpg

Click to enlarge!

$8.00 + S/H per Padauk fingerboard.

Edited by Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Very awesome, can't wait to see them used on your new projects! I'll be heading out to my local lumber store pretty soon so I can get a couple different types of fingerboards going, then soon get everything set up to where I can more production and more selection going. Once I get the wood, it will be availible as fingerboards 2 months after I purchase the boards. One month to aclimate, cut, then 1 month to make sure they stay nice and straight. Right now I'm finishing up sheetrocking my workshop so all progress is at a halt, real excited to be nearing completion! :D

th_Workshop1.jpg

Click to enlarge!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the chance to pick up some boards. 2 months from now I will have some new Monterillo, Padauk, highly figured Bubinga (for fretless basses or guitars), and Wenge fingerboards for sale, possibly other woods. Mahogany 2 pc. body blanks, Mahogany neck blanks ( 2 1/2"+ thick), Padauk tops, and other odds and ends, no telling! I'll have some better shots of the stuff late tonight or tomorrow, I'm about to be running late for band practice. :D

Bubinga, has a lot more figure and cool spots than this. It's flatsawn, so it's best used as a fretless board.

th_BubingaBoard1.jpg

Monterillo, very dense stuff! Can't wait to work with this, it's a new wood to me.

th_MonterilloBoard1.jpg

And a picture of the overall wood score. Spanish Cedar, Hard Maple, Bubinga, Monterillo, and Padauk. Couldn't get a good picture because of the shade.

th_WoodScore1.jpg

Actually I couldn't get a good picture because the batteries were nearly dead. I couldn't get any good pictures today either. But man, does this Bubinga look sweet! Also, all the Wenge fingerboards are spoken for / sold.

BubingaBoard2.jpgBubingaBoard3.jpg

Very nice stuff, Jon. I have to keep myself away from the exotic woods shops as much as possible because I have a tough time not helping myself to all that great looking wood. I will be taking a trip soon though for a couple pieces. That bubinga is very nice, I really love the look of that wood and it seems fairly common for it to have nice figure. The figure in yours is more figured than most, almost like a burl kinda. Did they have a specific name for the figure or did they just call it figured? Great stuff man, it's also very cool that you offer here for everyone. I honestly enjoy buying products from my friends here, kinda keeps it in the family, or something,lol. Good luck.