New Projects Started

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, sad to say that you've just completely ruined all motivation I had in building guitars by building my ultimate guitar, flawlessly. I had been hoping you would botch something at some point, but no, absolute perfection and now I have nothing to look forward to. Ahh man, what a terrible day this is, to see my dreams go down the drain. Hahhaa, just kidding, but seriously that is one epic build that is fairly close to an idea that I had with Blimba (my new name for black limba) and maple. I love that blue, my favorite shade so far.

Anyhow, just amazing!! I can't say enough about how nice that guitar is, just perfection as far as I can see. When you get a chance, try and shoot us a few more pics. Also, that new batch of Blimba is beautiful, very nice coloring on it. I saw a bunch of blimba solid body sets up at Gilmer a few weeks ago, they went in a hurry. Did you call and ask for them or see them on the page? Well congrats on a flawless and amazing guitar and thanks for sharing the process and some tips along the way. J

Edited by jmrentis

Well, sad to say that you've just completely ruined all motivation I had in building guitars by building my ultimate guitar, flawlessly. I had been hoping you would botch something at some point, but no, absolute perfection and now I have nothing to look forward to. Ahh man, what a terrible day this is, to see my dreams go down the drain. Hahhaa, just kidding, but seriously that is one epic build that is fairly close to an idea that I had with Blimba (my new name for black limba) and maple. I love that blue, my favorite shade so far.

Anyhow, just amazing!! I can't say enough about how nice that guitar is, just perfection as far as I can see. When you get a chance, try and shoot us a few more pics. Also, that new batch of Blimba is beautiful, very nice coloring on it. I saw a bunch of blimba solid body sets up at Gilmer a few weeks ago, they went in a hurry. Did you call and ask for them or see them on the page? Well congrats on a flawless and amazing guitar and thanks for sharing the process and some tips along the way. J

Thanks. I always check Gilmer's website and if I see something I like I'll jump on it. I don't really need 3 black limba body blanks, but at the price they were I couldn't resist. Marc gets some very nice wood, but you have to keep up on it because the nice stuff can sell really fast. Their website is pretty up to date, they usually update it a few times a week.