ACG build progress.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is 18 mm.

Cheers

Alan

I've yet to see a guitar I don't like on this thread infact I'm going to break in and steal one!

Where do you get your wood? somewhere local?

Josh

I pickup woods where ever I can but the majority come from Gallery Hardwoods in the US.

If you can find one that is finished you would be doing well but I might have to set the dog on you before you get to it. :D

Edited by skelf

Josh

I pickup woods where ever I can but the majority come from Gallery Hardwoods in the US.

If you can find one that is finished you would be doing well but I might have to set the dog on you before you get to it. :D

I love dogs I'll steal it too! perhaps I'll just steal the wood!

Any recomendations for timber merchants in scotland I have picked up some rather nice sycammore from Airfield Timber (or something like that) somewhere near edinburgh but its a bit far away now!

Not really that much available in Scotland that I am aware of. There is certainly really nice Sycamore to be had also Ash and cherry but beyond that I have not found all that much of interest to me.

Alan

yeah thought that might be the case thank godf for the internet!

PS any alarm system on the workshop? :D

No but two 11 year old boys fully tooled up best of luck.

If you are ever down this way give me a call and pay a visit.

Alan

when my bike is built i may just do that!

• 1 month later...

Stock bass number one just finished.

Spec

Camphor Burl top with a 4 mm Tulipwood accent and a Spanish Cedar body wenge control cavity cover.

3 piece Santos Rosewood/wenge neck with an Acrylic Impregnated Black Limba fingerboard,alloy side dots. 34" scale.

ACG EQ01 pre-amp and ACG FB pickups ceramic magnet in the bridge Alnico magnet in the neck.

Hipshot Type A bridge and Ultralites,schaller straplocks.

Finish lacquer.

2928875429_af19999bf9.jpg

Stock bass number two.

Flame Sycamore with a Wenge top.

7 piece Flame Sycamore/wenge neck with a birdseye maple bound Mac Ebony finger board.

ACG EQ01 pre-amp with ACG FB pickups ceramic magnet in the bridge Alnico magnet in the neck. Satin chrome Hipshot Type A bridge and matching Ultralites. Chrome knobs and Schaller Straplocks.

Finish lacquer.

2928875409_97785bf6cd.jpg

2928875421_07002ed9ba.jpg

Hi Travis

You going to the UK Bassday this year.

Next up in my attempt to have some stock at the above event.

Harlot 6 string.

Spec

Goncalo Alves top and back with a butternut core.

7 piece neck Mac Ebony/Maple/Black Limba/Maple with a flat Rosewood finger board alloy side dots 34" scale.

ACG EQ01 pre-amp with a SB in the bridge and aRFB in the neck.

Hipshot hardware in Satin chrome, Schaller straplocks.

2941425261_67d9248163.jpg

Hi Travis

You going to the UK Bassday this year.

Next up in my attempt to have some stock at the above event.

Harlot 6 string.

Spec

Goncalo Alves top and back with a butternut core.

7 piece neck Mac Ebony/Maple/Black Limba/Maple with a flat Rosewood finger board alloy side dots 34" scale.

ACG EQ01 pre-amp with a SB in the bridge and aRFB in the neck.

Hipshot hardware in Satin chrome, Schaller straplocks.

2941425261_67d9248163.jpg

Really depends if i have money or not but i am going to try by best because it looks like its going to be really good =D

Also would be great to see your basses up close!

Spec

Sappy Redwood top with a Black Limba body.

7 piece mac ebony/maple/black limba/maple neck with an Acrylic impregnated Mac Ebony board.

ACG EQ01 pre-amp with a RFB in the bridge and a FB in the neck coil switching and low battery indicator.

Hipshot hardware.

Finish Lacquer.

2969411134_ee5922f157.jpg

A few firsts in this bass.

Finn prototype body shape and also a piezo bridge.

Spec

Alder body with a 3 piece Flame Maple neck and Indian Ebony finger board. Alloy side dots 16" radius.

Hipshot bridge with Graphtech piezo saddles and an ACG RFB pickup.

ACG EQ01 pre-amp with the piezo feeding on of the low pass filters and the RFB the other. This allows full EQ over the piezo and the RFB and also allows you to blend the two.

Thanks to John East for the additional electronics required to get this to work.

2980578095_5e6bc212ca.jpg

2980578105_a5724aca58.jpg

Thanks guys.

Yes a bit of a departure in that respect and as we talked about before it is less complicated which does make for a easier build. Although picking black is not really making life easy,hard work getting it as good as possible. Black shows up everything but I can't resist the end result.

Midnight blue sounds very nice. I have quiet a few body blanks coming in with solid colours in mind so I will certainly keep that in mind.

Alan