Pmarlin's First Build

For a first build that thing is awesome. Shame about the wavey borders but you've done a pretty good job anyway. It just goes to show that building guitars is 95% about preparation, persperation & common sense. So many people avoid doing anything remotely difficult but as long as you're prepared to put the work in there's no reason why you shouldn't be a little more adventurous. The knobs & pickup surround are a nice touch too. I can't wait to see this finished & to see what you build next.

This first build is definitely a learning experience, thats why I am trying so many different things in this one build. Even though I have made some mistakes its still alot of fun and I am enjoying it. the next build I will know a little better what to do and not to do.

Well done on the first build, Paul

You've brought a heap of really interesting ideas to the table with this one. (hmm.......which idea to use first..)

And good on ya for moving outside your comfort zone and giving it a red-hot crack. :D

cheers, Stu

I am doing some searches but finish suggestions are welcomed. I really like the the padauk and yellowheart so I am thinking a clear gloss finish. The yellowheart really looks like fire when it is wet. the grain is really 3 demensional and shiny.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok so finally getting back to this a year and a half later. I got divorced and went a little crazy. Did a lot of partying and living like a rock star. Put myself further in debt and now I have slowed down back to reality so gonna finish this thing. I should have it done this weekend and put pictures up.

• 2 weeks later...